Why No Love For the SR's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Beetmagnet

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
Spin? That's my sincere belief.
And your belief is dead in. Charging more than it's worth to make it seem better than it is is done in all industries. This was exposed in that book a few years ago about Glock. They charged more than they needed to because they believed the public would think it was junk if it was inexpensive. If Ruger put a 500$ price tag on SR pistols from the beginning, public opinion would be different.

Personally I love the gun. I think it has the best feeling grip of all the polymer guns.I have 3 SR9s. But, I carry a Glock. The safety, mag disconnect (I took all mine out), and LCI annoy me. I dont know why Ruger doesn't offer non-lawyered up guns in gun friendly states. The number one reason I hear from other shooters at competitions as to why they don't buy a Ruger SR pistol is the presence of a external safety. It sucks that lawyers hold back good ideas, but that's life.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Beetmagnet said:
FergusonTO35 said:
If Ruger put a 500$ price tag on SR pistols from the beginning, public opinion would be different.

....and nobody would buy them ....

REV

Al James

Hunter
revhigh said:
Beetmagnet said:
FergusonTO35 said:
If Ruger put a 500$ price tag on SR pistols from the beginning, public opinion would be different.

....and nobody would buy them ....

REV

The all mighty/knowing Rev has spoken :lol:

Do you ever get tired of being the smartest guy in the room? How the heck do you know what people would buy and how much they would pay for it? You're the same guy that insisted that P guns were $175-225 pistols even as they SELL all day long for between $3-400 on Gunbroker before shipping and transfer fees. You have been ripping on Ruger's Semi Auto pistols for as long as I have hung out on this forum. I remember when the SR1911 arrived you made all sorts of observations and predictions all of which never came to be. Same with the SR striker guns. So, since you're making political employment suggestions to members here.....Perhaps YOU should go to work for Joe Biden since you're arrogant, full of biased opinions, and almost always wrong. Just saying.....

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yeah ... yeah ... yeah .... Just another emotional and hysterical Al James post rife with 5-10 year old misinformation attacking the messenger rather than discussing the subject. It's just an Internet forum where people discuss ideas ... Other peoples' opinions and experiences are going to differ from yours ... Get over it.

If Ruger could sell their guns for $100-150 more in direct competition with Glocks, CZ's, M&P's, and XD's ... they would ... period ... They'd be stupid not to. Increasing profit by that much per gun would be wonderful for the company and the stockholders.

Just sayin' .... :D

REV

snowdevil23

Bearcat
everybody has a opinion, just like a$$#ole$- just some are bigger than others ! i have an sr1911 , sr22, sr45 in stainless and hoping this week to go buy another sr45 in black.. love the gun (carry gun ) , feels better in my hand then any other poly ive tried. and yes if the gun was $500 i still would have prefered it over any glock , sig and s&w.........period

Al James

Hunter
revhigh said:
Yeah ... yeah ... yeah .... Just another emotional and hysterical Al James post rife with 5-10 year old misinformation attacking the messenger rather than discussing the subject. It's just an Internet forum where people discuss ideas ... Other peoples' opinions and experiences are going to differ from yours ... Get over it.

REV

Good ol' Rev....I'm not emotional or hysterical just telling you my opinion. As you would say "Get over it". You remind me of a sayings often spoken by my mother directed toward my father [now divorced, BTW] and us kids:

"you can dish it, but you cant take it"
"if you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

YOUR previous posts offered nothing to the discussion AND attacked the messenger. Suggesting someone go get a job for Obama for stating his opinion is, IMO, an insult just as you intended it to be. That alone was enough for me to call you on it. And now you talk to me like some delusional lunatic when you are reminded of your arrogant attitude. I'm not the only one that is tired of it. Get over it and yourself.

I tend to read more than I post. A wise man opens his ears and closes his mouth. When I do post I try not to tell posters what a POS they own and what they should have bought instead[with pictures]. I also try not to throw around anecdotal pricing misinformation like you have done and continue to do. If someone wants to know the CURRENT value of a gun I suggest doing a search of completed auctions on Gunbroker instead of what I "think" its worth. GB gives you a 90 day glimpse of what the people of America having been willing to pay for any said gun. Factual data, not forum dribble.

As for FergusonTO35's belief, I have seen that happen numerous times working at a gun counter. Especially, people who are new to guns and shooting in general, that are eyeing pistols in a glass case. They have no idea what they are looking at, how they even work, who made them, where they were made, what kind of import duty/tariff was paid by the manufacturer, etc. Usually in our economy, price is DIRECTLY related to perceived quality. Doesn't matter if you're talking about cereal, jeans, cars, or....guns. This may or may not trickle into the minds of people who are very knowledgeable about guns, it depends on what level of gun snob they have reached. Just my opinion...OK REV?

Mike J

Hunter
I would probably be interested in a SR9c or SR40c if they didn't have the poorly designed magazine disconnect.

Al James

Hunter
Mike J said:
I would probably be interested in a SR9c or SR40c if they didn't have the poorly designed magazine disconnect.

Yes it is a poor design. Thank goodness it is made to be removed in a few minutes. If I was worried about the legal ramifications of removing the MD it would have been a deal killer for me on the SR series. I have removed them from every SR that I have owned during the initial fieldstrip/cleaning.

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
Makes the trigger feel a little lighter and smoother removing the MD.
All mine are in the Factory Boxes, in case I ever have to send off for a repair.

GKC

Blackhawk
Mike J said:

Actually, I think the mag disconnect on the SR series is BETTER designed than it is on some pistols, since it's so easy to remove! It's not so easy to remove it on a LC9, for example, but just about anyone can remove it on the SR series. In fact, that's one reason I like guns like the SR polymer series, because it is so easy to remove the striker (during which process you can take out the MD) and clean out the channel, without having to knock out roll pins, etc.

Mike J

Hunter
Al James said:
Mike J said:

Yes it is a poor design. Thank goodness it is made to be removed in a few minutes. If I was worried about the legal ramifications of removing the MD it would have been a deal killer for me on the SR series. I have removed them from every SR that I have owned during the initial fieldstrip/cleaning.

I don't want to be in the position of removing something that may be construed to be a safety mechanism. You hit the nail on the head Al. For me it is an all or nothing proposition.

Rabon

Single-Sixer
Beetmagnet said:
FergusonTO35 said:
And your belief is dead in. Charging more than it's worth to make it seem better than it is is done in all industries. This was exposed in that book a few years ago about Glock. They charged more than they needed to because they believed the public would think it was junk if it was inexpensive. If Ruger put a 500$ price tag on SR pistols from the beginning, public opinion would be different.

Personally I love the gun. I think it has the best feeling grip of all the polymer guns.I have 3 SR9s. But, I carry a Glock. The safety, mag disconnect (I took all mine out), and LCI annoy me. I dont know why Ruger doesn't offer non-lawyered up guns in gun friendly states. The number one reason I hear from other shooters at competitions as to why they don't buy a Ruger SR pistol is the presence of a external safety. It sucks that lawyers hold back good ideas, but that's life.
I'm confused, you have (3) SR9s which have the most comfortable grip of all the poly guns but you carry a Glock. What am I missing here ?

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Although a quality pistol, they were late to the dance.

Without research or education I believe the common buyer sees them as a "me too!" offering.

Getting into the LE / military market would jump market share and Ruger stock through the roof.

A 5" version of the SR pistols would also increase awareness via the competition scene and help overcome the "me too!" perception.

flyfishny

Bearcat
Ale-8(1) said:
If you are happy with your SR and it works well for you, don't let others' commentary bother you.

The world is full of gun snobs. Ignore 'em.

:)

+1