poor shot with LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Paulmj

Bearcat
Like I said, I have no interest in carrying a firearm, and never will. So, all the issues you raise are just meaningless to me personally. I bought the LCP when I didn't know any better. I now regret it.

On the other hand, there may be others who not necessarily into concealment, folks who think they may just enjoy shooting a smaller gun, with a smaller caliber than, say, 9 mm. Nothing wrong with that. I think that was the prime motivator in Glock recently releasing their Model 42.

For those folks, and in consideration of just the fun of shooting and ownership, once again I recommend they consider the Sig P238.

And that is perfectly fine Paulmj. I was just responding to an untruthful statement and you can make any recommendation you like as long as you're truthful. Have a nice evening and enjoy shooting.

Personally I find it hard to understand someone who buys a handgun, other than possibly a 22LR target pistol, if they don't intend having it for personal/family defense, whether carried concealed or just kept in a bedside table in their home. It would be like buying various sets of wrenches but having no intention of ever tightening or loosening a bolt. The exception would be a pure collector or investor who buys guns strictly for future financial gain.

Paulmj

Bearcat
vito said:
Personally I find it hard to understand someone who buys a handgun, other than possibly a 22LR target pistol, if they don't intend having it for personal/family defense, whether carried concealed or just kept in a bedside table in their home. It would be like buying various sets of wrenches but having no intention of ever tightening or loosening a bolt. The exception would be a pure collector or investor who buys guns strictly for future financial gain.

I'm sorry you are finding it hard to understand that some people will buy firearms with absolutely no interest in the possibility of using them for "personal/family defense". In other words, zero consideration of the idea that I may have to shoot someone some day. I use my guns to develop marksmanship skills, shooting in a range at round circles on pieces of paper. Shooting a 9mm or an even larger caliber gun really well is a great challenge, and if you get really good at it, you move the target further away and start over. You don't have to limit yourself to a "22LR target pistol" to enjoy this, and you don't have to be motivated by the thought of self-defense to enjoy it either.

Which brings us back to the LCP. I bought mine not knowing any better, and some day when I feel motivated, I'll get rid of it. To try to get skillful shooting 40+ cent ammo with a gun like that is a non-starter for me. Even Ruger recognized they could make a better gun, thus the LC380.

And to the fellow that called me "untruthful", i.e. a liar, because I said the LCP and the P238 are "almost identical" in size, isn't that a little off the wall? Mistaken? Sure. Inaccurate? Why not. Misleading? Of course. But untruthful? Sounds pretty defensive to me.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
So misleading isn't the same as untruthful?
I don't think you meant to be either, you just don't know what you are talking about when it comes to carry guns.
A fraction of an inch here and there and a couple of ounces can make a huge difference in your pocket.
I looked at the Sig before I bought my LCP. I didn't like the "cocked and locked" scenario for pocket carry. With the LCP you just pull the trigger.

Z1D2

Bearcat
I shot around 30 rounds with no prob. I like my LcP. To each there own I guess.. But have you tried kel tec or a TCP? There similar. I have own reasons I went with a LcP and I'm glad I did...