curious, how many have a P944DC with the camblock setup?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
These are hard to find and was wondering how many P-nuts have this in their collection? I have fallen on tough times with vehicle troubles of late but sure would like one.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

I have enjoyed all the P talk of lately. :)

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
I thought I did.... at least I remember a camblock marking on a P frame..... so I went down to check. I checked a few times, I must have been mistaken..... cause I didn't find one at all in my safe. Must have been online or at a Gun Show......

But here is one.... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=391709274#PIC

roylt

Hunter
All the last 944s were camblock but few were DC only. I am a DC guy. I don't care for safety models really.

Thanks for trying though John :)

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I assume you mean an under the chamber shaped lug to pull; the barrel out of battery as opposed to a 1911-type swinging link. I've seen 9 mm both ways. The two P-89's I've owned, a DAO and a safety style, both had swinging links. The P-95's I've had were camblocks.

Never owned a P94 or P944 so I'm no help there. Did any of the 40S&W P-series ever use a swinging link?

roylt

Hunter
The 944s used a swing link. You can tell by the plastic dot behind the slide stop. This was produced at the end of the DC era so there was not too many DC only units but a lot of 944 safe style.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
The 944s used a swing link. You can tell by the plastic dot behind the slide stop. This was produced at the end of the DC era so there was not too many DC only units but a lot of 944 safe style.

I'm confused now Roy..... I thought the plastic sq block behind the slide stop indicated it was a camblock ..... Like the one I referenced on GB. ..????

roylt

Hunter
Sorry. My post was not very complete. I was trying to answer the post before mine. Saying P-guns had swing links.

You are right John. The plastic block on the frame = camblock. The unit you posted about was a camblock but safe style not DC only.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Ok.... thought maybe I did have a KP944 DC with CamBlock for a min.... LOL. And I must have over looked the DC on that GB gun.

Latest posts