OWB For P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hipcat

Bearcat
My first post! Can you believe it? I've owned many Rugers over the years and love the brand.

I am being considered for a security job. I would like to find a quality owb holster specifically made for this firearm. Obviously, the lower the price the better, but I'm willing to pay a premium if justified.

Any suggestions? Again, not looking for a one-size-fits-all, unless your actual experience says its great for the P95.

Thanks in advance,

Hipcat

Meeko

Single-Sixer
The biggest mistake folks make is spending the least amount of money for a holster as possible. A good holster is just as important as a good quality firearm. You do not have to break the bank though. There are several holsters for under 75.00 that would work. I wouldn't recommend any kind of Kydex for duty use unless it was the Blackhawk Serpa with retention. Several SORT teams went to them and they work well. They retain while repelling (not that you would be doing that) and running all kind of multi weapons drills yet are quick to draw once you get your technique down. There are several other options from Safariland which I would recommend. One that is molded to your exact firearms model/make

Just don't go cheap or a straight kydex with no retention (and the screw on the side I do not count as retention) If you end up on the ground which is a high probability that feature about kydex being fast to draw well that just caused your gun to fly out unless there is a thumb or other retention on it.

roylt

Hunter
I have a Tagua for sell in the classifieds but a Blackhawk serpa is nice. You should be able to get one for 50 or less but for daily duty use I would spend a bit more if needed.

My add is here just for your info. No pressure. You have to use it everyday etc.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=196646

I normally carry a KP95DC in a Kydex belt holster(one even has the Ruger logo). Depending on what might be on my day's agenda, I alternatively carry in a pancake(might be a Tagua). Right now I'm packing a P95 DCPR(?) in a Blackhawk molded with trigger finger release.

kwh

Bearcat
check out nelsonholsters.com. Custom leather made to fit firearm great retention with or without thumb snap. Great person to email and get advise as to exactly what you want/need. Quick turn around and replies.

P95man

Bearcat
If you are looking for a duty type holster; Safariland Model 200 is a good secure/fast rig for security/LE work. I have had one for years for my P95 and it works great. You can get different belt loops to best fit your needs. Hope this helps.

Mark