What to touch up the frame of my P89 with?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

baddarryl

Bearcat
Hi all. I pulled a dummy and nicked the trigger guard with a dremel. What can I use to touch this up that will match the closest to whatever this finish is? Thank you!

roylt

Hunter
I have not found anything that can fix the gray frames. I have some antique cold blue that works ok on the blued frame. Sorry to say but you have to live with it.

96/44

Blackhawk
Birchwood-Casey Aluma Black will work. It won't be an exact match to the gray, but you can get it pretty close.

rosco

Bearcat
it looks great... i'll have to show you my engraving mishap on the backstrap... suffice it to say the backstrap presents a number of problems for engraving a Bible verse. what were you dremeling?

baddarryl

Bearcat
That pic shows it at the bottom of the trigger guard. Rosco I was just making a little clearance at the front of the trigger to allow for a full reset. As it was it wouldn't quite do it and I was being lazy not wanting to take it out again as it was a bit of a pain to get in. My mistake.

dwd

Single-Sixer
I think we're waiting for pictures of the birchwood casey aluma black

roylt

Hunter
dlay said:
Dremel tools and firearms don't mix.

WHAT? So I been smithing my P-guns with the wrong tool? I love a dremel. Works great to put all sorts of detail on your gun.

So you don't want from time to time too....

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
Just a guess on my part ... you might have to re-coat the whole lower ... if you choose to except that idea, get it coated in what ever color you like with this >>> http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/ <<<

My son did his S&W M/P .45 in flat dark earth and left the grip back strap, slide lock lever, take down lever, and safety lever in black ... it looks really cool.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
I recall going afield with a brand spanking new Mossberg 500 vent rib shotgun. We were crossing a stream and I foolishly stepped on a rock that immediately tilted and I went flying with my Mossberg into the streambed. After I got to the stream bank and took a look at the gun, I noticed the rocks in the stream bed did extensive engraving on the Aluminum receiver. My good friend look at me a smiled and said now you can start enjoying that gun. :) That is a really small ding, not too much to worry about.

Latest posts