P85 barrel in a P93DAO?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nate.sh

Bearcat
Well I just hot my first P series pistol. The P93DAO. A friend has the P85. We were goffin around and saw that the barrels are similar except his is longer. So I put his P85 barrel in my P93. Rounds feed and gun functions properly. But we havwn't fired it. Was wondering if anyone else has done this and it fired correctly? If so (and if I can find one) I am gunna get a P85 barrel and have it threaded. Then you can use ur imagination for the posibilities. Lol. Thanks.

96/44

Blackhawk
If you have proper engagement between the barrel lug and the slide it would probably work. That being said there is no reason to try it. Also, the P85 was never noted for its fine accuracy so I doubt you would gain anything, especially with a barrel that hasn't been fitted to your slide.

nate.sh

Bearcat
His gun is pretty accurate. We pop golfballs at 50yrds all day. But that could also be due to us knowing the gun.

modrifle3

Buckeye
You hit golf balls at 50yards with a p85.......Rev would you like to call this one!!!

roylt

Hunter
The frame to barrel engagement is different. DO NOT fire the gun with a 85 barrel in place. There are threaded barrels out there for the 93, I have one. But if you really want to goof around and make one, take a P94 barrel and put it in. Be sure you get the proper barrel link though. The 93 has two types available from the factory and they don't mix well with the frames.

There are several things to be sure work right together with this type of mod. Be safe.

nate.sh

Bearcat
roylt said:
The frame to barrel engagement is different. DO NOT fire the gun with a 85 barrel in place. There are threaded barrels out there for the 93, I have one. But if you really want to goof around and make one, take a P94 barrel and put it in. Be sure you get the proper barrel link though. The 93 has two types available from the factory and they don't mix well with the frames.

There are several things to be sure work right together with this type of mod. Be safe.

Thanks. I saw on another post that u were the one to ask about mods. Did a google search and found that post with ur name in it.

roylt

Hunter
I do like to tinker with the P-series but safety first. If you move forward with your project take pictures and post it up. I really enjoy seeing mods to the P's but anything is cool really.

nate.sh

Bearcat
Here is a pic I took when we put the barrel in. I think I wanna go on with this. Where is a good place to get barrels with ports and threads?
20140114_172541_zpsf4d59306.jpg

roylt

Hunter
The old Rugers have not been made in a long time. I don't know of anyone that still sells aftermarket parts. I found mine used on ebay or gunbroker. There is a seller in Florida that parts guns on gunbroker all the time. Just have to keep an eye out for a deal.

Good luck. If you know the swing link you have it may be easier to get a 89 barrel than a 94 in 9mm. Like I said before it takes just the right part to make it work safely.