Fired 5 shots and my SR9 jammed and loaded indicator broke.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jexxy2000

Bearcat
I was so disappointed yesterday when I took my brand new SR9 to the range. Only fired five times before it completely broke. It jammed the first time, misfired the second, hung fired the third, jammed again and on the last shot, it never ejected. The loaded indicator also broke off when it jammed. Other than that it was extremely accurate. The spring is really tight so it is hard to rack and the magazine spring is a beast. It is the tightest I have ever used. I have to call Ruger in the morning. I hope they will replace the gun, because I like it alot. I think I just got a lemon. Any suggestions? Different ammo? I used Luger 9 mil. Thanks, Jessie

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
That sucks. Call Ruger and I am sure they will take care of you. I have had to deal with their customer service a few times and they are second to none in the firearms industry. They truly appreciate and take care of their customers.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
jexxy2000 said:
I was so disappointed yesterday when I took my brand new SR9 to the range. Only fired five times before it completely broke. It jammed the first time, misfired the second, hung fired the third, jammed again and on the last shot, it never ejected. The loaded indicator also broke off when it jammed. Other than that it was extremely accurate. The spring is really tight so it is hard to rack and the magazine spring is a beast. It is the tightest I have ever used. I have to call Ruger in the morning. I hope they will replace the gun, because I like it alot. I think I just got a lemon. Any suggestions? Different ammo? I used Luger 9 mil. Thanks, Jessie

What is that exactly? You mean you pulled the trigger and it fired after a delay?

5 out of 5 failures but it was extremely accurate......

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? :?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
jexxy2000 said:
Different ammo? I used Luger 9 mil. Thanks, Jessie
More info on what "mil" means might help. Was it well known commercial ammo? Some local reloads? Some off-brand ammo? It could be gun related or it could be badly off-spec ammo.

George

Blackhawk
You say its so hard to pull back the slide because of a strong spring. Did you hand load the chamber with a round then let the slide go forward? We are all trying to understand this better to help you. George

Cubby

Single-Sixer
He or she hasn't been back since that claim. I'll wait and see?

GKC

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ said:

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? :?

That was exactly my thought! :lol:

I don't mean to laugh at anyone's problem, but that is truly an optimistic assessment of a new gun. :lol:

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
What is that exactly? You mean you pulled the trigger and it fired after a delay?

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? :?[/quote]

LOL, call ruger time...........