My LCP w/Phenomenal Bear Creek Holster and other mods...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pitandruger

Bearcat
I had an LCP 2 years ago but sold it, thinking the grass might be greener on the other side. Well, after breaking in and using the Keltec, S&W Bodyguard, Sig P238 and the Kahr .380, I decided to come back to the LCP and I'm very happy now with it as my EDC gun. All I tried are great guns but I had FTF's with a couple of them. The Keltec felt like it had the most re-coil. The Kahr had the best sights but wasn't enough to keep. However, the LCP didn't have one FTF or FTE, the recoil is fine for the pocket .380 cal gun, the sights are adequate, the Lasemax is great and the take-down is extremely easy. Below are some pics but the best part in this reunion is what I added to this beauty. I ordered some Talon Grips, SS guide rod, 13 lbs springs, anodized red Sweet Pea III Trigger (to be installed soon) and a phenomenal pocket holster by Doug at Bear Creek Holsters. This is the best pocket holster I've had for any of my pocket guns. Doug did a great job and the customer service is awesome. Highly recommend!!

pitandruger

Bearcat
dickydalton said:
get the Sweet Pea in and get the Mag-guts magazine springs to get 7+1 and you'll love it more.

I've been so happy with it, I haven't dropped in the Sweet Pea...I might keep and do it later 8)

I've really been impressed with this little guy...

DonD

Single-Sixer
dickydalton said:
At the range today it was a tossup between my SP 101 and the LCP Sweet Pea. I'll feel safe with either in my pocket.

Interesting as the SP101 can run to 3x the energy of the LCP. That much difference DOES matter. Don

Z1D2

Bearcat
Nice pistol.. Do you mind saying what the parts run?

DonD said:
dickydalton said:
At the range today it was a tossup between my SP 101 and the LCP Sweet Pea. I'll feel safe with either in my pocket.

Interesting as the SP101 can run to 3x the energy of the LCP. That much difference DOES matter. Don

True, but I was referring to accuracy this time. I was also shooting my Mountain Revolver and it outshot both of the other two and it's a 44 Magnum and that makes it a moot point if you ask me. I think 8 rounds in the bulls eye from an LCP will have all the energy needed.