P94 questions Pic added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I got a used P94 at a gun show over the weekend. It is a stainless 40s&w model but I only got one mag and no box or paper work. Here are the questions I have about it, it appears to be a target grey version if they made such a thing. So I guesstimate question is did they make this or has somebody modified it? Also what would you think the value to be with out the box? The gun is in good shape and is very attractive in this configuration. Thanks for the help.

dwd

Single-Sixer
It might be a REM finish. If it is it is a factory finish. I have one in the REM finish and they are very attractive but they are kind of hard to keep, they tend to scratch easy and are impossible to fix if they do get scratched. Roylt posts here regularly and the REM finish is his favorite and he know more than I do about them.
It is worth what you paid for it. But if I had to guess $300-$350.

roylt

Hunter
REM is my favorite! Post a picture if you want. Seems like 40 cal units get a bit more money but the price you paid is just that. If we tell you cheaper you will feel bad if we tell you more than you paid you will feel great but it doesn't matter, the gun is your now. If you are happy then it was worth it.

I have over paid for a gun only to find a deal the next week. But oh well.

And to be clear, Ruger target gray is REM finish they are the same thing. REM was only in 1996. You may be able to date it and help figure it out.

Congrats!!

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Well I just checked the serial number at Ruger's website and it shows to be a 1997. Serial number is 340-655xx and for the price I payed I think I did good anyway i have got $350 in it but I realy like it better than what I traded for it so that is a plus. Thanks again for the help.

pyth0n

Buckeye
I have one exactly like your's only different, it's a decocker. :) The finish is from Ruger. My box shows the .40 as a KP944D, but the slide is marked P94DC. This was made in 9mm also. Some models had a linked barrel like mine, as opposed to the Ruger cam block system. Don't know when they made the change. Mine was made in 98. $350 is a good price. Enjoy.

roylt

Hunter
That looks very clean. $350 for a 40 cal Ruger is a nice deal. Hold on to that one for sure!!