SR9C in addition to an LC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cal44

Bearcat
A local gun store is having a sale on SR9C's. Price is $375.

The reason is that the SR9C's listing on the California approved handgun's list is expiring in a few days, and then they can't be sold by a store in California. They say Ruger doesn't plan to jump the hoops to renew it.

I have an LC9.

What advantage is there to adding an SR9C to my collection?

It's a bit larger. Is the trigger better?

Easier to shoot well?

More reliable?

Of is it just about the same thing.

Dave

22/45 Fan

Hunter
It's larger, heavier, has a higher magazine capacity and is easier to shoot well due to the larger grip, longer sight radius, better sights and reduced recoil from the weight. It's not at all the "same thing" as an LC9. As a range gun it going to be far more fun to shoot and probably significantly more durable. As a carry gun (can you even do that in CA?) the greater weight and size are disadvantages but not that much.

For less than $400 buy it!!!

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Buy it! For the reasons mentioned above and basically the SR9c's trigger is light years ahead of the LC9 trigger. I own both and prefer the SR9c hands down.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I would not buy the SR9c. You run the real risk of having the LC9 become a safe queen, and we wouldn't want that to happen.

Seriously, the SR9c is a great compact weapon. It is a little larger and heavier than the LC9, but has, IMO, a much better trigger, and is much easier to shoot accurately, and lots more fun to shoot. I shot one mag through a LC9 at the range when I was looking for a CC weapon. That was enough for me.

Of course everyone is different, and many love their LC9s. Nothing wrong with that.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Clovishound said:
I would not buy the SR9c. You run the real risk of having the LC9 become a safe queen, and we wouldn't want that to happen.

Seriously, the SR9c is a great compact weapon. It is a little larger and heavier than the LC9, but has, IMO, a much better trigger, and is much easier to shoot accurately, and lots more fun to shoot. I shot one mag through a LC9 at the range when I was looking for a CC weapon. That was enough for me.

Of course everyone is different, and many love their LC9s. Nothing wrong with that.

The SR9c comes with TWO magazines; One is a ten rounder with an extension for your little finger and the other is a STANDARD SR9 17 round magazine with a removable spacer so no bare magazine is exposed. The 10 rounder is great for CCW and the 17 rounder is great too because ALL your SR9 magazines will fit the SR9c; lemme see, that gives me SEVEN (7) 17 round magazines for blowing away ammunition in either or both pistols ( Yeah, I bought the SR9 first). I "looked at" the LCP, but I like a longer hand grip. I DID have an LCR for a while but 38-S +P made the palm of my hand hurt and you only had 5 rounds, what if there were THREE bad guys, the last one is going to get shorted a round.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I would strongly advise the OP to buy the SR9c and keep it NIB if possible. Once the SR9c "expires" it will probably go up in value. If I lived in a magazine ban state I would rather have the SR9c myself. Another thing: from what I can tell the SR9c is a more rugged and trouble free gun than the LC9. I have one and its great.

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
Clovishound said:

See I was the opposite. I bought an LC9 and now the SR9c is the "safe queen". It's a lot easier and less hassle for me to throw the LC9 in my pocket than it is to dig out the holster and specific clothes I need to carry the 9c (or 40c).

modrifle3

Buckeye
Buy it ... I wish I could fine an sr9 for $375. Great gun, I would carry it over the lc9.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Even though I am not a fan lcps are running well under $300 now and I love a deal.

Latest posts