New to me p95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ksoltis

Bearcat
I recently purchased a lightly used p95 and have been experiencing some failures with it. I am fairly new to handguns so I made sure I was comfortable with the gun before blaming the weapon itself. I have gotten to the point where I am confident I am not limp wristing it. Essentially I was having some double feed issues so after doing some research I bent the extractor some, as recommended by many others and when I took it to the range the other day that seemed to solve that issue. I didnt have a single double feed in 150 rounds. However as I went on I noticed the spent casings were not being ejected out to the side at all. It was fine in the beginning but after 75 or 100 rounds the casings just ejected maybe 4 inches straight up and that was it. Could this gun just like to be really clean or is there some other mechanical issue here? Oh I was using 115 gr ammo too.

Meeko

Single-Sixer
I have a lot of experience with P95's as a line instructor 9my agency issues them). I have never had issues with the cases ejecting as you describe. It probably does have something to do with the extractor. My suggestion is (although it might be a pain) is contact Ruger and send it to them. The biggest thing I have is a lot of shooters have problems with the ambi mag releases. For some reason several right hand shooters tend to bump the mag release on the right side with their right middle finger just enough at some point that the mag drops just low enough that they get a FTF due to the slide not picking up a new round.

roylt

Hunter
The extractor just pulls the case out of the barrel. You need to look at the ejector. May be loose or bent. How this hits the back of the case will determin where the case is ejected to.