SR9C Safety

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Check the you tube video "DEA officer shots himself in classroom". In front of a classroom full of children, a DEA officer talks about his Glock 40 and how he is the only one in the room professional enough to use one-this 20 seconds before he accidentally puts a hollow point into his leg. We'd have to guess as a DEA agent he is well trained with his Glock 40, but he has an accidental discharge having a lapse in his thought process. Can happen to anyone. The only pistol I've ever felt entirely comfortable carrying without a safety is the LCP because the trigger travel is 49 inches and it takes two fingers to pull the trigger. Slight exaggeration, but you know. As a S&W 39 series guy for years, the SR-series gets high marks for safety and performance.

modrifle3

Buckeye
22/45 Fan said:
modrifle3 said:
As I have stated before the Glock is a combat weapon. It is not the average Joe weapon. It was designed for a specific purpose in combat and law enforcement and civilians feel in love with it, but it is void of extra safety features and idiot proofing.
That is a correct statement but, as I understand it, a large number of the Glock AD's that occur due to "dry firing" it before take down happen to Law Enforcement personnel. The average officer is not a gun enthusiast and is not all that conversant with the details of his weapon.

Now that is the most accurate statement yet. One of my veteran police friends admits the only firing he does is annual qualification.