SR40C Slide Spring Resistance

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
I have a fairly new SR40C to anyone who has one will the slide spring weaken any after a period of time .I only have around 350-400 through it.Its not so much spring strength but the grip and slippage when You rack the slide. Hopefully it will weaken up some if not it could be a deal breaker on keeping it ,I do love the firearm with the exception of that issue.I have greased the slide grooves.

plgbear

Bearcat
I have more than that thru my SR9C and the spring is the same. You can't release it with your thumb! You have to rack it manually! Most people I have talked to experience the same! Nature of the beast!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Short barrel pistols shooting high pressure rounds MUST have stout recoil springs. There is no other way. And that spring will not weaken appreciably until you have fired thousands of rounds and then it should be replaced with a new one. As noted above, it's the "nature of the beast".

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
a weak spring will batter your pistol into oblivion. you will get used to it and the virtues of the weapon will overshadow the heavy spring. fine weapon.

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
Thanks Guys ,I find when I wear a glove its not a problem at all ,its just the gripping and it slips ,Thanks again ,just have to get use to it ,I love this firearm