P95 Appears to be Discontinued

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Coogan

Bearcat
I have not verified this with Ruger, but the P95 is gone from their website and my distributors are no longer cataloging it. Looks to be discontinued!

6mm

Bearcat
Yes the "P's" are gone.
I love my "P"s" and they will always have a home.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Still available in the used market. I would think that Ruger would still service them, but they almost always never need service! Poor man's Sig?

Meeko

Single-Sixer
Sure there will be parts supports for years to come however, Sort of curious about this since the Federal Bureau of Prisons use the Ruger P95 DAO's for general issue (SORT teams use SIG's and some Glocks). They use to use the P89 DAO's. Some institutions went to the Beretta Vertech 92D's around 2000 but BOP switched to the P95 DAO's about 5-6 years ago because Beretta wasn't supporting them with parts etc.

They will have to support them for some time like S&W with LAPD and NYPD with their 3rd gen 5946 by NYPD and the 5906 and 4566 with LAPD. Not cataloged but those Agencies use to be able to get them even though they were dropped.

GKC

Blackhawk
Yep...not on the Ruger website, although the instructional videos on assembly/disassembly/cleaning are still there. I didn't check to see if parts are still on the Ruger store.

Anyhow, I just bought a new one this morning at a local gun shop (blue slide, not stainless.) The SA is a whole lot better than I remember them being...the DA trigger is still pretty stout.

Meeko

Single-Sixer
GKC said:
Yep...not on the Ruger website, although the instructional videos on assembly/disassembly/cleaning are still there. I didn't check to see if parts are still on the Ruger store.

Anyhow, I just bought a new one this morning at a local gun shop (blue slide, not stainless.) The SA is a whole lot better than I remember them being...the DA trigger is still pretty stout.

There are parts for the P series on shopruger you just can't get revolver parts which I find a little odd.

GKC

Blackhawk
Meeko said:
There are parts for the P series on shopruger you just can't get revolver parts which I find a little odd.

Yeah, I went back and looked for the P-series parts, and they are available. I didn't check on revolver parts, since I no longer have one, but that does seem odd. Maybe call CS and check?

Meeko

Single-Sixer
GKC said:
Meeko said:

Yeah, I went back and looked for the P-series parts, and they are available. I didn't check on revolver parts, since I no longer have one, but that does seem odd. Maybe call CS and check?

For some reason Ruger does not offer most parts (at least on the wheelguns) for sale. Not really sure why other than they want to be the one to fix it. I understand not wanting the basement gunsmith to butcher a good gun that they will end up having to redo since they offer excellent CS anyway but still, there are plenty of good smiths. Well known Reputable places probably have a line for parts but Joe Normal no.

There are some items in Brownells but still pretty limited compared to S&W

GKC

Blackhawk
Meeko said:
For some reason Ruger does not offer most parts (at least on the wheelguns) for sale.

Sometimes there isn't any reason...or at least, a rational reason. For example, they will sell the springs and cups for a SR9/9c striker, but they won't sell a complete striker assembly. I asked them why, and they said that a striker isn't a normal wear item, and if there is a problem with it, they want to inspect it.

OK...so, why can't I remove the striker and send it to them? No, they want me to send in the entire gun...at their expense...which makes even less sense. (Better their expense than mine, but still...) They will sell parts of a striker which I have to remove and disassemble, but not the whole assembly.

Meeko

Single-Sixer
GKC said:
Meeko said:
For some reason Ruger does not offer most parts (at least on the wheelguns) for sale.

Sometimes there isn't any reason...or at least, a rational reason. For example, they will sell the springs and cups for a SR9/9c striker, but they won't sell a complete striker assembly. I asked them why, and they said that a striker isn't a normal wear item, and if there is a problem with it, they want to inspect it.

OK...so, why can't I remove the striker and send it to them? No, they want me to send in the entire gun...at their expense...which makes even less sense. (Better their expense than mine, but still...) They will sell parts of a striker which I have to remove and disassemble, but not the whole assembly.

I guess that's why it's a little easier to take. Ruger has the best customer service so I will be more than happy to do however they want it.

Latest posts