P-Series holsters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

moranna

Bearcat
Looking for a decent value OWB belt holsters for my P-Series collection (P89, P90, P94, P95 & P97). All are DC models. Looking for a holster for general utility and range carry and not concealed or tactical type use.

Would like to stay under $50 and a holster that might reasonably fit multiple guns.

The Bianchi 7000 series looks promising and possibly the Fobus RU1BH and RU97BH models.

Any opinions on these or recommendations on other brands?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
Check out the Various offerings from http://www.unclemikes.com/ good utility, fairly rugged, multiple guns per holster, very reasonably priced

Garrysks

Bearcat
I like the Fobus- extremely durable, inexpensive, and lifetime unconditional warranty.

moranna

Bearcat
Thanks for the suggestions.

Ordered a Uncle Mike's Sidekick (model 81151 $15) and a Bianchi 7000 (model 17694 $30) from GrabaGun. The Bianchi is supposed to fit all P-series except the P95 which takes model 17692.

The Holster King Universal looks interesting but wanted something with a retaining strap and muzzle cover. Might pick one up for keeping my truck 38 snubbie in though.

I'll let review the Bianchi for

MedicYeti

Bearcat
I have an Uncle Mikes for my P94 and am very pleased.
I disagree with the gentleman who likes Fobus holsters. I find them to be cheap and irritating. The Fobus I had for my 1911 was too tight, not adjustable for tention and it scratched the finish.

haymaker

Single-Sixer
I carry my P90 in a nylon Blackhawk size 4. I don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't much. It works great and wears well on my belt.

moranna

Bearcat
Rec'd the Bianchi 7000 #17694 and tried it on several P-series

P85 and P89 (both 1.4" wide and 4.25" barrel). Holster a little tight side to side and slightly too shallow to let either gun seat all the way without making the slide move back about a 1/4".

P94 at 1.43" wide and 4" barrel was tight side to side but length was just right.

P95 at 1.37" wide and 3 3/4" barrel was a really nice fit. Bianchi lists # 17692 for the P95 but I can't imagine how it could fit any better than the 17694

P97 was surprisingly the narrowest at 1.28" and 4" barrel was a very good fit.

Bianchi lists the Glock 17 for this holster also but it was a little loose at 1.19" wide

So if you've got a P85 or P89 you might look for something else (although the 17694 would do) but for the other P-series guns the 17694 is a really good fit.

The belt holder is kind of cheapo plastic that might not stand up to constant heavy duty use and the strap adjustment is a chintzy Velcro set up but for $30 and average use they're a great value holster for range and utility carry.

I also got the Bianchi 7000 for a 22/45 Target bull barrel and it was a perfect fit.

roylt

Hunter
I have a Dillion that is like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-P89-OWB-Right-Hand-Belt-Ride-BLK-Gun-Holster-/300812414868?pt=US_Holsters&hash=item4609d12f94

Like it a lot.

If you want to make one that fits your pistol and don't mind a little work try this. https://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/leathercraft-projects-old/leather-holster-making-supplies/44454-00.aspx
It does NOT have to be 'tooled'; you can just follow the directions and sew it together and form it. Here is the one I cobbled together for my P-95.

LGC42

Single-Sixer
When I was looking for a holster for a P85 I settled on the Shado holster from Rays Holsters in Florida. I ordered it online and it was in my mail box 4 days latter.It's a very good quality leather that fits the gun very well. The price on it was only $35.00 at that time. I see they are now $39.95.

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
It amazingly unwise in my mind and the reasoning to spend 100's of $$ for a firearm and them put them in $12 holsters...I just can't run that through my brain...

AGE Ranger

Single-Sixer
Garrysks said:
I like the Fobus- extremely durable, inexpensive, and lifetime unconditional warranty.
Agree Fobus makes an nice holster. I also have a DeSantis 32 Duel carry. Just incase you want to conceal.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
I bought a Bulldog for my P95, it looks like Fox Mike's without the basket weave, 20-25 bucks, you can get tan or black. By the way Fox Mike nice job!

Joe

damienph

Bearcat
I have two holsters for my P-85, a Fobus and an army issue Bianchi M12. Not for everybody but the M12 fits it perfectly.

Mike J

Hunter
Judging from the comments here Uncle Mike's must have gotten better. I have a couple of their holsters. One the nylon sidekick & the other a plastic paddle holster for my old .40 caliber P94. I pretty much didn't like either one.

I finally wound up with a Don Hume 721 OT for it. Here is a link. I find the price somewhat interesting as I gave $35 back when I bought mine IIRC. http://buyaholster.com/h721otopentoppancakeholster.aspx