LCP Enhanced Model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
So Ruger has released a LCP enhanced model with better sights and much better trigger. I am curious to see how this one shoots.

Petie

Bearcat
Are you referring to the one without a -dash- in the serial number that has been out for about a year now or is there a new third version?

Only new LCP model on the website is the one with the silver slide............nothing about an "enhanced" model.

The LCP-CF is a dealer exclusive with a waterdog micro fiber film graphic on it.

Steve

modrifle3

Buckeye
I just saw the write up in guns and ammo but didn't get a chance to read it all. I assumed it was new.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
I'm in the market for an LCP possibly and you got me interested, who wouldn't want better sights & trigger? Nothing on Ruger.com......

Could you check if it's an exclusive model and do they give a model number?

Cubby

Single-Sixer
I didn't look very closely at the CF model. I had a LCP and got rid of it! I'm waiting to get my hands on a Pico? And check it out....But if Ruger has made improvements to the LCP, I might take another look!

Petie

Bearcat
Not an expert but-----
The original series LCPs had a -dash- in the serial number. The newer version does not and I believe they now start with a 371 for the serial number. What changed is the bumps (sights) are a little taller and have sharper more distinct edges. Another change is they modified the trigger somehow so that it has a shorter pull and is less likely to pinch your finger. I have one and like it quite well.

Right, they redesigned it about a year ago. The old version has a dash in the serial number, the new version has no dash.
The new version has actual sights on it (compared to the old version), and the trigger has a much shorter pull.

Steve

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Ruger has stated flatly that the LCP has had a couple of "enhancements" in its production steps - NONE have been marked with a dash no. or other series indicators.

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
It shoots great. Ruger may call them "enhancements", and I guess they are, but the shorter trigger pull and a front sight you can see make a big difference. I have both a first generation LCP and the newer version. I like the earlier one, but I love the newer one. Ruger never advertised any of the changes to the gun.

mohavesam said:
Ruger has stated flatly that the LCP has had a couple of "enhancements" in its production steps - NONE have been marked with a dash no. or other series indicators.

It's pretty easy to distinguish between the old "unenhanced" model and the new "enhanced" model.........Old has a dash in the S/N, New doesn't.

Steve

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I don't think that's an indicator - talking with Prescott folks the "non-prefix dash guns may be the mistakes of the year. A couple were not even aware...

Z1D2

Bearcat
Next time I get to the GS I'll take a peek at the sights. I also have a snap cap in 380 if they will let me use it an I will see if I find a difference. Thanks

George

Blackhawk
Yep go by the sights and I think your will find the trigger much better too.. I'm FSOB and I like the trigger on the new model LCP. I like it so well I would not do a thing to it and I'm a 1911 kind a guy use to really nice clean crisp triggers. No it's not that good but for a factory DA trigger I can sure live with it. Let us know what you think.. George

Z1D2

Bearcat
Bought a new lcp ruger site showed a 09'. So I called and they said mine didn't have a dash so its a "enhanced" model and there information showed it was made in 13'. They told me that the dash is a older model.
I like my "new" lcp.

CLAYPOOL

Single-Sixer
Very nice guns. Shoot well for the distance they were designed for. Boys they are not a long range gun. Trying 3 models of them with the green lasers. Work very well all things considered for having large hands. Lady friend brags on hers for her small hands.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Agree, they are not useful for "long range" practice at all, but they sell well. The LCP is a belly gun, a defensive arm pure and simple. It might have a purpose at hallway-distance, but mostly it's a great gun for jamming up under the chin of the bad guy pummeling you and yanking the trigger.

For plinking and target use, I'd say the sights on either version are near useless. I have two, and rarely practice them at more than three yards... I do like them for keeping my hand warm while pumping gas.

Z1D2

Bearcat
Hey MO!
:D
You ever wonder if you used it pumping gas the gun could set off fumes? Make a very BIG Boooom!