SR22 positive review

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I had two LCPs and only carry one. Ended up with a second when my daughter preferred the LCR; so being the good Dad that I am, worked a deal with her.

Anyway, a friend had a SR22 that he bought for his wife to use during her concealed carry class. This was the only time it was shot and then he put away in his safe. She decided she wanted a LCP to carry.

He mentioned it to me, so I told him to take my extra one and try it out. She loved it so he asked if I was interested in a trade for his SR22.

Honestly, I had never thought about the SR22 but said sure, I swapped him even and never even shot it. Put it away in my safe a few months ago and did not think about it until today.

Beautiful day here in NC; so I pulled the SR22 out, loaded it up with Federal and ran through a few magazines. Then, loaded it up with some Winchester, and then some CCI's, and then some Remington .22s.

The SR22 ate everything without any issues, and is quite accurate as well. That first long DA trigger pull had me worried; but the follow up SA trigger pull travel is nice.

I have to admit, I have always been a Mark II and a Single Six fan; so had never even considered the SR22. But, I was mistaken in overlooking this gun. It is a hoot to shoot. I really like it!

SR Fan

Bearcat
My SR22 has been in the safe for a long while and i decided to take it to the range and shot maybe 100 rounds and thought to myself i forgot how fun 22's can be.

DonD

Single-Sixer
They're really enjoyable guns. While I am, not surprisingly, more accurate with my .22/45, I'm very happy the SR22 resides in my safe. Merry Christmas and may 2014 bring you and us lots of .22LR ammo along with all other kinds of ammo and components! Don

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I like my SR22p, it and my SP101-22 go along whenever i go to the range. It is most accurate with Stingers and Mini-Mags but i the only thing that it don't like is the sub sonic and CCI Quiet ammo, it shoots them ok but will not cycle them. It runs flawlessly on everything else. Not as accurate as my Mk. II Target model, but a lot of fun to shoot.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
shot one this fall, liked it so much that when my 10 year old grandson asked for a .22 for Christmas bought him one. I am looking foreward to the expression on his face and a full time shooting buddy next season.

shaffe48

Single-Sixer
I just shot one today. I was impressed by it and the SR40. Both were about the right size for a CC gun, not too big and not to small. Both were easy to hit with even by someone like me who doesn't shoot the semi-auto pistol. Looking at the website, the SR's are available in about any cartridge you want for a reasonable price.

If I had a pistol (discounting the Keltec I never use or carry), it would be an SR.