LASERLYTE Rear Sight Laser Ruger SR9 RL-SR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steveandbelinda

Bearcat
I just aquired a SR9c for conceal/carry. I have a Fobus Paddle Kydek holster and love it. I would like to put on a laser of some sort on the gun, but realize that if I want to stick to the snap in effect of the Kydek holsters, and I buy a LaserLyte V3, which would fit on the gun because it is so small in lenght, that I would have to have a holster specially made for me, and that is about another $70. on top of the price of the laser (which is on sale right now at Cabela's for $69) THEN I noticed that LaserLyte had made a rear sight laser for the SR9c, but no longer make it as of a couple of years ago. Does anyone know where I may get one of these? Maybe someone still has some in stock or something. I called LaserLyte this morning to ask why they no longer make it for this gun, and I was told that it was discontinued so they could put there efforts to making some new and better lasers. I forgot to ask why they still make them currently for the Glock and Springfield, but not the Ruger. I have run across a couple of them, but they want about $160 for them. You can get the ones for the other two guns for around $110. My thinking is, do I spend the $160 on one and not have to buy a new holster, for a discontinued item. Or buy the V3 that goes on the bottom of the barrel and buy a custom made holster and pay roughly the same amount of money. I just like the idea of putting one on the gun and keeping the holster that I really like. What's your opinion.