P94 Slide Interchange Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I just got a new to me P94 in 40 S&W. It's the safety version. It has the little plastic block near the slide release, so it's the newer version with the toggle link, if I understand things correctly. I really like this. I like it a lot more than my P95. Took it out yesterday for a quick range session. First three shots touched at ten yards! Then I got excited and groups opened up.
It's snowing and I'm drinking coffee and thinking. This is a dangerous activity. Drinking coffee helps people to do stupid things faster. :D Since ammo shortages seem to be as regular as winter. I was thinking it might be nice to have a 9mm slide and barrel for this gun. So what would I need to look for if I find one for sale?
Thanks
Bfly

roylt

Hunter
The cam block style 944 is the last of the metal frame P-guns. There was never a 9mm version of that model. Now if you had the older style 944 with the swing link barrel you could pop a 9mm upper on with no problem. I have that setup.

Personally I have found 40 cal ammo anytime I wanted it. the 9mm is harder to find. I also like 40 cal and run that more than my 9s.

There is one posibility that might work. This is just a theory though. It would also take parts from a few P-guns.
If you took a older swing link 9mm upper and installed a 95 barrel to get the cam block engagement. No wait that won't work. the 95 is like the 93 model, shorter. I don't think it can be done.

Enjoy that 944 though!!

Keep the P-guns alive!!

Offical P-nut here!!

ssgt6usmc

Bearcat
I have the same setup as Roylt has. I have a KPP944DC and I acquired a 9mm upper that I can change so I can shoot 9mm. Ammo is no problem because I reload my own.