Some KP90DC Advice

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pierow

Blackhawk
Is the best plan to have spare parts for our cherished P90's is to buy a complete, in as good of condition as possible twin? I did a search first before posting and noticed Toysoldier mentioned looking for P90 replacement part kits on auction sites. That won't be an option for me because I just don't go to those sites or bid on auctions. Are those the only places you can find them? Are there certain parts still available at Ruger that I should snatch up before they are gone for good?

I guess I am looking for someone to tell me, "You absolutely should get this, that and the other" as a minimum. Any advice is appreciated.

Pierow

revhigh

Hawkeye
Why try to buy a bunch of parts just on the off chance that something breaks ?

Everybody keeps squawking about how tough and rugged they are .... Why worry about parts ? I own dozens of guns, but there's not one that I couldn't live without if it broke, and I couldn't find a part. I've never needed a part for any of my guns anyway.

Seriously ? Buy a whole other gun just so you have parts in case the first one breaks ?

Makes no sense IMO ... Unless the first gun is a piece of crap known to break regularly .... And then I wouldn't own that gun anyway.

REV

luvmyRugers

Single-Sixer
I'm with Rev on this one...P90's are built like tanks and will probably last several lifetimes if taken care of.
YMMV

TnShooter83

Bearcat
I would get all the springs I could.
The most important being Recoil, Magazine, Hammer and Trigger.
I'd also look into finding a spare Extractor, Maybe.

Other than that, I don't see much more breaking.

modrifle3

Buckeye
The only spring you need spares for is the mag release. I have never broke one but bought two extras in case. And unless you are shooting multiple thousands of rounds the recoil spring will be fine. I have not heard of any other springs needing replaced.

Pierow

Blackhawk
Thanks for the input fellas. I'll probably get a few springs as was mentioned. Not as concerned about it breaking during my lifetime as I am in possible future generations. Still, I don't have many guns and the P90 is about my favorite. It would stink if something did break and I could not replace a part. Most likely worrying about nothing like you said Rev.

Pierow

toysoldier

Hunter
Too bad you don't like the auction sites. I got everything but the frame for $50. I keep the barrel handy when reloading, and check the occasional round. I like having the parts I might need, without hunting and waitng for shipment. So what if I never need them? It's like paying every month for insurance that you don't use.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
These are built like tanks. Best advice I could offer is not to shoot crap steel cased ammo in the pistol. Good ammo and good care should be all you really need to do. I have no spare parts for mine with the exception of 4 spare mags.