What ammo do you all use in your LC9/SR9c?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

spikedriver

Bearcat
I bought some 124gr Starfire because it had a good reputation and price but now I'm hearing it performs poorly in short barreled compacts. I want something that will still expand when fired from my LC9's short barrel. What do you all use and why?

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I like the 124 Gold dot short barreled version. However I've had 2 double feeds with it within 20 rounds. That doesn't seem to be a common problem, just what my gun seems to be doing with it. Thinking of going with the critical defense from here on out.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Nothing but reloads for me. 3.5 grains Bullseye, 122 grain lead truncated cone bullet, Federal Gold Medal primer. Clocks a very consistent 1000 fps out of my SR9c, is very accurate, and easy to shoot.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
my own reloads with 115 gr fmj precision delta bullets with 7.5 gr bluedot. or my own cast 124 lrn with 6.0 gr blue dot both shoot pretty good out of my sr9c .

hittman

Staff member
I use light re-loads for punching holes in paper plates out at the farm and whatever brand is cheapest when I carry it.

spikedriver

Bearcat
Well it looks like Hornady and Gold dot are popular here. My gun *hates* Gold dots, and shoots the Hornady pretty well, so it looks like it will be Hornady for me...

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
115 gr. JHP with 6.2 gr. of Power Pistol in LC9, SR9 and SR9c and all other 9 mm pistols for general use and have never had any problems. For CC with LC9 and SR9c i use Critical Defense and have never had any kind of problems with that either.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
spikedriver said:
What do you all use and why?

Hornady Critical Duty in the SR9C

Hornady Critical Defense in the LC9

Why? Because I trust 'em to do what they're supposed to do.

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
If not shooting my reloads of Berry's 115gr TMJ over 5.8gr of Power Pistol I'm shooting either FMJ 115gr Winchester White Box or JHP 115gr Remington bulk package from Walmart.

sammeow

Bearcat
Hornady Critical Duty backed up by
Hornady Z Max, Winchester SXZ shoots well too.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Standard Pressure 115 gr for the LC9. The SR9c can take heavier bullets and +P loadings with ease. Sometimes real hot stuff can result in malfunctions so I have no interest in +p+. Hornady can nicely fill the bill for both of them.