Trouble with the P95 to 89 trigger mod

Help Support Ruger Forum:

baddarryl

Bearcat
Hi all. I got a 95 trigger and ground out the center as suggested in other mods. I just can't seem to get it to sink low enough for the link (what ever you call it) that it hooks to drop down into proper alignment. I am assuming the brass pin underneath has to plunge for it to be right, but I just can't get to all line up. Have you guys had this trouble? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Here are a few images to hopefully clear this up: Sorry about the quality. Will try better.
5u9u.jpg

s97j.jpg

3z6k.jpg

baddarryl

Bearcat
Ok I got the trigger installed and everything lined up apparently. Now however while dry firing double action only the trigger sometimes fails to reset unless I double clutch it a little. Ideas?

roylt

Hunter
That "brass pin" as you called it is what resets the trigger. Spring loaded push rod type deal. Maybe post a pic or the trigger hanging so I can be sure what you mean.

Welcome here too.

baddarryl

Bearcat
I had to grind off the front lip of the trigger that tucks under the frame on reset. All is good now (except that I scratched the frame doing it dang it!). Thanks for the welcome.

roylt

Hunter
Glad all worked out.

Glad to see another P-nut on here.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

baddarryl

Bearcat
FYI for anyone doing this, I found the issue. The 95 trigger when viewed from the top is almost an 1/8 longer than stock. So in order to get it set it place I had to get everything lined up and hold it the assembly down forcefully while pulling the trigger to get it to slip under the frame. This allowed it to drop in place. Grinding the lip off the front to fix the reset problem would have eliminated the hassle from the beginning had I know that. Just a matter of clearance for the trigger to pivot without interference from the frame.

And yes I bought this gun new over 20 years ago and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. Has been flawless..