LC9 Fire Sight Set

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
I saw this was on sale. Anyone have these on their carry gun? Or is it overkill since you likely won't use the sights anyways?

Bruce

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
I've thought about it, but in general I find lasers to be more distracting than anything else, plus they make me focus too much on the laser and not on the whole situation.

But that's just my opinion, if they work for someone, I'm happy for them.

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
After thinking about it, I'm wondering if maybe a laser wouldn't be a bad idea, at least to try. However, with my expensive tastes, I really like the Viridian R5-LC9 with the special holster. Anyone have this and can comment on it?

groberts

Single-Sixer
If you are focusing on the laser instead of the whole situation yes it can be distracting. It's like those who are trying to hold the laser on a spot. That's not what it's for. The laser is a great way to get you to point an shoot in defensive situations. When that laser is center mass pull the trigger. Simple, effective and believe or not accurate - your eye-hand coordination is really a lot better than you think.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Here's my take on lasers. The biggest advantage is the ability to shoot from any angle; whatever the laser is pointed to it hits.

Downside is they add bulk to the gun, some of them have no off switch so you can't practice without them, and they suck during day light. Not to mention you may end up needing a new holster.