Ruger KP944

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stumpie22

Bearcat
Anyone know if this pistol was ever in use by any Police dept. and once traded in were they refurbished by Ruger. any info on this topic will be appreciated.Thanks

roylt

Hunter
Typically any factory Ruger that was police issued would not be stainless. That is my experience only and I could be wrong.

Typically the Police guns are black not blued. I have a PP90DC (first P is for police) that came from the Montana state patrol. I have also seen PP944s.

Also trade ins are just that traded in. I doubt refurb. When Ruger refurbs a gun it marks the serial number with a star.

If you found a 944 though I suggest getting it. That is my favorite gun!!

Also welcome here.

stumpie22

Bearcat
roylt said:
Typically any factory Ruger that was police issued would not be stainless. That is my experience only and I could be wrong.

Typically the Police guns are black not blued. I have a PP90DC (first P is for police) that came from the Montana state patrol. I have also seen PP944s.

Also trade ins are just that traded in. I doubt refurb. When Ruger refurbs a gun it marks the serial number with a star.

Also welcome here.
Thanks for the reply, The reason for the post was that I did purchase a KP944 from him he had 7 of them telling me they were police trade ins, I question this because mine was in As New Condition but came in a Ruger yellow & black card board box not a plastic gray case, the really strange thing is the end label is a Ruger lable but Under the serial # is RXD , have no idea what this means nor does Ruger I called them,I paid 249 OTD the gun has 2 10 round mags box and manual

stumpie22

Bearcat
stumpie22 said:
roylt said:

Also welcome here.
Thanks for the reply, The reason for the post was that I did purchase a KP944 from him he had 7 of them telling me they were police trade ins, I question this because mine was in As New Condition but came in a Ruger yellow & black card board box not a plastic gray case, the really strange thing is the end label is a Ruger lable but Under the serial # is RXD , have no idea what this means nor does Ruger I called them,I paid 249 OTD the gun has 2 10 round mags box and manual
Price Correction 349 OTD

stumpie22

Bearcat
modrifle3 said:
A lot of police guns shipped in cardboard to cut cost so its possible.
Thanks for the reply, I did call Ruger today and all the info they were able to give me was the test date, when I asked if this was a police trade in they told me they do not have that information, which I found was strange , if anyone else has any info to share Please post it .

triaxle

Bearcat
About a year ago I went into a gun shop and their was a P944 with box and 2 mags that looked like it was never cleaned . The shop had a few and this was the last one some kind of township dept had them . 149.95 I jumped on it .

mpalm

Single-Sixer
Yes
Law enforcement P944's they came with night sights, and hogue rubber grips and 11 round mags . I have one ,paid $295 used and extremely dirty, ( KP944DAO) and I have Ruger advertisements from 1995 showing them in both Blued and stainless.
LE Rugers in 9mm were carried by The Federal Bureau of prisons, SanDiego PD,Chicago PD, wisconsin state patrol They had P89/P95's
I cannot think of any depts. that used 40 caliber rugers...but some used Police Carbines(PC4)

Latest posts