Scope for Ruger .22 Target Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
Any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced scope for a Ruger .22 target pistol? I'm interested in the kind that has the red dot holographic thing. As you can see, I'm no expert.
Thanks.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I've been thinking about doing the same thing for my Mark I. The down side is I will likely have to have my receiver drilled and tapped. There are a couple of no drill mounts out there, but I'm not too wild about the configuration of them.

I have been told that because it is a .22, and the one piece design, you don't really need to get the high end holo sights. Less abuse from recoil.

I see a lot of sights that run more than the new price of a Mark III.

I may have mine machined in a couple months when I get a cash infusion. It'll run me about $65 including the Ruger mount. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I have the Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot sight on my 22/45 and it has been very good. Amazon has them for about $70 and that's a excellent price. It has a Weaver style clamp and use a CR2032 battery which lasts a long time and is available nearly anywhere.

My 22/45 was the last of the Mk II versions and came factory drilled and tapped and included a Weaver mounting rail so almost any scope or dot sight was easy to mount. I believe all current Mk III models are drilled and tapped.

If your pistol is not factory drilled and tapped, Jack Weigand sells a mount that does not require it. Look here:

http://www.jackweigand.com/rm2fd.html

bwraven

Bearcat
I use a Fastfire with a rear sight mount on one of my 22/45's. I have been extremely happy with it. The rear sight mount allow it to sit very low and very far back. The perfect red dot set-up for a 22/45, IMHO.

bx25.jpg

langenc

Single-Sixer
Clovishound said:
I've been thinking about doing the same thing for my Mark I. The down side is I will likely have to have my receiver drilled and tapped. There are a couple of no drill mounts out there, but I'm not too wild about the configuration of them.

I have been told that because it is a .22, and the one piece design, you don't really need to get the high end holo sights. Less abuse from recoil.

I see a lot of sights that run more than the new price of a Mark III.

I may have mine machined in a couple months when I get a cash infusion. It'll run me about $65 including the Ruger mount. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Do not D&T it..

Just buy another that is ready to use.

langenc

Single-Sixer
bwraven said:
I use a Fastfire with a rear sight mount on one of my 22/45's. I have been extremely happy with it. The rear sight mount allow it to sit very low and very far back. The perfect red dot set-up for a 22/45, IMHO.

bx25.jpg

Iwonder where one gets ammo to load all those mags and at what cost??

But I guess if you can afford the mags the ammo is no problem..

bwraven

Bearcat
Well, that's a little less than half of my BX-25's. There were only two of my 10/22's used in class that day, so I didn't bring all of my mags. :)

As far as ammo goes, I'm an old guy who bought it cheap and stacked it very deep years ago.