Ruger P95 Trigger in P89/P90.... Trigger Availability

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
I have been considering this change/upgrade/modification for awhile, and since M/C riding season is slowing down it's time to get into these gun related things....

I attempted to purchase the P95 trigger today, Shop Ruger does not have it listed from what I can see, MidwayUSA is always on backorder it seems (and overdue at that), so I called Ruger direct. They told me that they do not send out triggers and if something is wrong with the gun I should send it back to them for evaluation and repair. It's their policy not to send out trigger parts... so he said.

What's up with that? Any other sources?

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
What that first guy told me didn't sound right... so. Just for grins I called back and talked to another rep regarding that part.....

He couldn't seem to find it, put me on hold, and then came back and stated that since the P series is not longer in production, neither are the parts and apparently the trigger is no longer in stock (sold out) and would not be produced.

Any other sources/recommendations?

edit... called Brownells and no luck their either.

roylt

Hunter
Well they sell the trigger for the 944 / 345 so they should for the other pistols as well. Now the fact that all the P-guns are obsolete does suck. It is hard for me to believe they will not support the 95 model though. I have purchased parts last year or maybe two years now for an old model 91 which has not been made for a long time.

Looks like you will have to go used. Ebay or gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=376587677
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=376092807

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Well, the second guy could not find a P95 trigger in stock and knew they would not be making any since they are out of production. He did indicate other parts were available, just not the trigger. So yea, even tried Brownells and MIDWAYUSA is in backorder limbo (it ain't coming is my guess). I will check the links ya gave up and ebay. Thanks.

I read good things about that mod.... is it really worth it? That significant improvement?

roylt

Hunter
Changes the "reach" for your finger is all. Geometry is different so it may feel good to you or it may not. I didn't notice a big enough change for it to matter really but I don't shoot that often either.

It does make the gun look better in my opinion.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Well hell, looking good is just as important as being able to shoot better.... LOL.

I will try to find one and check it out... I have a few options.

Disappointed that Ruger is not providing parts support for these for a defined period of time. It appears once stock is depleted, oh well. Fortunately, I have not had issues with any of my Rugers and this is just an enhancement mod not a required repair.

I can still get parts for my 1973 Honda CL350....

Al James

Hunter
Keep in mind that if your trigger was broken Ruger has plenty on hand to fix your weapon. They just no longer offer them for sale just for those of us who are switching triggers, etc. They did the same for the PC9 and PC4 carbines. Kinda chaps my behind but it is what it is. Now, I am not implying that the parts supply will last forever but since P guns rarely break.... :D

sigraph

Bearcat
I installed a P95 trigger in my P89 - It went from a good feeling gun to one of the best feeling guns I've ever shot.