SR Holsters?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

animal

Bearcat
I have searched this site and others alike and have had a hard time finding Holsters for my SR45.

I know the gun is fairly new to the market, but are there any existing holsters out there that will fit? The SR9 and 45 are similar in size and shape (1/2 an inch in length). Would any of the SR9 models fit the SR45?

Thank you in advance. :)

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
My SR 45 (sold it) fit well in my shoulder holster that I use daily for my SR9. Size 15 if I recall correctly.

daverz56

Bearcat
I got a holster for my SR45 at www.gbleatherco.com.It's a great holster,well made and fits very well for 75 bucks plus shipping.Mine came with a sweat shield.It is OWB and called The Avenger which is my preferred stlye of holster and holds snug to my body.Do yourself a favor and check them out.

roylt

Hunter
Couple on Rugers site. http://shopruger.com/Holsters/products/104/1/0

I have no SR experience though.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The SR45 fits the Mitch Rosen SR40 leather holster sold at the Ruger store. It fits quite tight but would fit good after it gets broke in, i don't put the SR45 in my SR40 holster because i don't want it to stretch and fit my SR40 loose, but if you want to carry the 45 it should work great.

animal

Bearcat
Thank you all for your helpful input. 8)

I think with the collective information from this group on this forum, there should be a holster guide. (what would work and what will work)

Just a thought.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
I have two that work for about all situations and do work for all four of my SR's. they fit the 9c, 9, 40, and 45 model. one is the e-gat belt slide from DeSantis, the other is an s.o.b. model from the "holster store". both were ordered from this computer and both arrived in good time. the s.o.b. works as a cross draw as well so these two holsters cover all three positions I am comfortable with. no problems with either so far.

animal

Bearcat
fangus said:
just bought a blackhawk serpa #13 mysr45 fits perfect. its made for glock 20 21 smp 45

Is it loose in the holster (a little play) or a snug fit?

Are their any other holster brands that are cross compatible?

Passtime

Bearcat
I purchased this (http://shopruger.com/Fobus-SR45-P85-P89-P93-P94-P95-with-Rail/productinfo/50096/) holster when I purchased my SR45. Nice holster, fit great and a good price. I sold it because I installed a CT Railmaster and it would not fit the holster after the install. I liked the holster though.

animal

Bearcat
Ordered the Blackhawk Serpa #13 for my SR45 from Amazon. Fit's like a glove. No issues. Retention is awesome and doesn't mess with the trigger.

Contacted BlackHawk and they mentioned that they didn't make any Serpa holsters that would fit the SR45. Maybe we should tell them.

Yawn

Blackhawk
Crossbreed Supertuck! My understanding is that they invented the tuckable hybrid holster. And, they are a one stop shop for just about all carry accessories. Yes, my SR45 fits my SR9 Supertuck. Their carry belts are amazing. I opt for the Vclips. Full concealment. I have a mag holster from them too.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Simply Rugged lists the SR45 under his Defcon and Cuda models.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/LEATHER%20HOLSTERS.cfm?cat_id=669

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
Just a quick ditto for Yawn's post- Crossbreed S/T, and after having a Blackhawk dress-gun belt- that has cracked and looks awful inl less than 2 years- I got a CB gun belt, it looks better and doggoned if it won't hold a gun up- Love it.
MTR Custom Leather makes some fine holsters, similar prices to the Mitch Rosen you get at ShopRuger though.

spcasas3

Bearcat
animal said:
Ordered the Blackhawk Serpa #13 for my SR45 from Amazon. Fit's like a glove. No issues. Retention is awesome and doesn't mess with the trigger.

Contacted BlackHawk and they mentioned that they didn't make any Serpa holsters that would fit the SR45. Maybe we should tell them.

I know this is pretty old but I purchased a BlackHawk Serpa #13 for my SR45 and it fits nice and snug, I know it won't be falling out however for some reason I haven't researched too deeply yet you can pull it without pressing the release, just grabbing the gun and pulling up sharply out she comes. Anyone else using a Sherpa have this issue?

Scott