Best/Favorite P Series

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
Since there apparently will be no more new P series guns, it might be fun to look at them and pick our favorite or the best. I have a P95, and would love to have a collection of all of the P series guns, but that does not seem to be in my future, without the correct Powerball ticket. I'm saving for another. They have the advantage of being a lot more affordable than other brands and models and tend to be reliable fun shooters. So what is the best or your favorite and why? Was any better finished than the others?
Bfly

roylt

Hunter
I really like all of them but if pushed the P94DC is my favorite. Has all the P-series features and has been smoothed up. (no step on the slide like the 89 etc)
As for finish the REM finish is the coolest I have seen on a pistol. Very rare only made in 1996. :(

Keep an eye out, you can still get a deal from time to time. Not unheard of to get a P-series in hand for under 300.

Keep the P-guns alive!! P-nuts unite!! (Yes, I like the P-series)

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
My first pistol is a KP90DC. It is extremely reliable and is more accurate than it should be for its price point. I wouldn't sell or trade it even though it doesn't get shot as much as my wheelies.

roylt

Hunter
hittman said:
I don't think there's a bad one in the lot.

I prefer the DC models. I've got the 90, 95 and 97.

Looks like you need a 40 cal unit. 944 or 91. (or both !!)

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
i'm partial to the '90 but i would have no problem with any of them as far as reliability.

damienph

Bearcat
I still prefer the original P85 (which I have) and the P89.

RugerP85L_zpsd91dece4.jpg

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I don't have a P93, but out of all the rest my P944 with trijicon night sights is my favorite, although the P91 is not much different. The P345 and P95 would be my second and third choice.

roylt

Hunter
93 is the same as the 95 but with metal frame and removable grips. That is a bit of a broad statement but fairly true.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
I had one of the first P90's that I purchased on my birthday in 1992---it was flawless and accurate as all get out---should have never got rid of it.

It had the 7 round mags with plastic followers and the function was perfect----had a later P90 with 8 round mags and 1911 style followers that were troublesome I don't think it ever got through a whole mag with those crappy 8 rounders. They messed up a good thing.