Best/Favorite P Series

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MGMorden

Bearcat
Only P-series that I have is a P95 - no experience with any others (though I own 3 other Ruger handguns). Its been a good gun though. Was actually the first handgun I ever bought. The P345 certainly does appear to be the most evolved example of the series though.

welder

Buckeye
The P345 is a very good fit for my hand although I prefer the P90 for the accuracy, and on my particular copy the trigger is good. The P series are my favorites and I would like to turn back the clock to when I could buy a PC carbine or three and a couple more P95s. A very good combination.

cigargod

Bearcat
I only have a P95DC so I have no other reverence. I love it, it has a smooth action eats any factory round I put in it and any reload once I get that load dialed in, and is a good fit for my large hand. I am looking into a few P90's though.

dom

Bearcat
P95 I just picked up a used one since Ruger dumped us. If anyone has P95 parts or knows where to find them please contact me. Thank you.

98PK

Bearcat
KP89 is still my favorite. Thousands of rounds and only one jam. Wanted a '94, then a P95 just never got around to getting either. The one I got works as good as any centerfire pistol I ever shot.

ssgt6usmc

Bearcat
My first was a P90, which I added a parts kit for spare, and then got a P90DC slide assy to upgrade it. All the slides are stainless steel. Got a P94DC in REM finish in 40 s&w and then got a slide assy in 9mm to have the ability to shoot both. All of the above I purchased through GB. The P90DC is usually my choice for daily CC.

Mike J

Hunter
I am another that can't really compare between the different P-series models because the only one I've owned is a .40 caliber P94. I bought it back in '99 or 2000 if I recall correctly. I have pretty much moved on to other guns & hadn't shot it in a while until a couple of weeks ago when I decided to take it out. I had to slow down & get back in touch with it but I was tearing the center out of the target from 10 yards pretty soon. It is a good gun. I also liked the P95 I got to shoot when I was at a range with a member from here a few years ago.

johndm1967

Bearcat
P97DC, first handgun I ever owned, incredibly accurate (once shot the ear off a squirrel at 50+feet with factory ammo), shoots and looks as nice today as it did 15 years ago. Also, going by the serial number and info from Ruger website, my P97DC could very well be the 500th one to roll off the production line. Probably doesn't add to value but helps make it more special to me.

P95man

Bearcat
Living in Prescott, AZ home of Ruger P series and having owned an example of all the P series from the 85 to the 345, my choice is the P95DAO. It has never failed to fire or function, even after being filled with dirt from a stalking sniper drill. Softest recoiling 9mm I have fired. Like the DAO for the single trigger pull. Being an old revolver guy it is like a 16 shot DA revolver. Awesome gun.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
P95man said:
Living in Prescott, AZ home of Ruger P series and having owned an example of all the P series from the 85 to the 345, my choice is the P95DAO. It has never failed to fire or function, even after being filled with dirt from a stalking sniper drill. Softest recoiling 9mm I have fired. Like the DAO for the single trigger pull. Being an old revolver guy it is like a 16 shot DA revolver. Awesome gun.

I wasn't sure Ruger made a 95DAO--that's why I bought a P93DAO. Do you want to trade? Now, if I just had a P90DAO (do they exist?), I would be in Hog Heaven!

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I have always liked my P90DC...

kap5bl.jpg

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
Al James,

I located another KP93. I was planning on buying it, but someone beat me to it.

I did just buy another KP94 in 9MM for what I thought was a resonable price. Have not gotten to shoot it yet though.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I saw a used P944 for $475 the other day ... Can't believe how the 944 has held its value.

Sinkhole

Bearcat
I fell in love with the P89 many years ago shooting my dad's. Well I finally found one. I found this beautiful KP89, built in '93. it's LNIB and probably spent the majority of it's life locked inside a safe. One thing I like about metal frames guns is the ability to change to wood grips. I just ordered a set of checkered Hogue Coco Bolo grips for it and a green HIVIZ front sight. The sight has arrived and the grips will be here shortly. I will post fresh pics as soon as I get them.

IMG_0021.jpg