another question for sr45 owners

Help Support Ruger Forum:

snowdevil23

Bearcat
having an issue with my sr45. when slide is locked back and open (like after last shot has been fired ) , proceed to rack in another loaded mag, slam it in hard and slide automatically closes. doesnt do it every time. no rime or reason why, what is the issue. any help would be appreciated.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
My Sr45 does it too, about half the time. It was sent back to repair a defective slide lock, it locks slide open now, but still releases sometimes when mag installed and mag has to be slammed or it will not catch when loaded with 10 rounds but when not fully loaded it latches easily.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Most autos do that occasionally .... Consider it a feature. :D

REV

Passtime

Bearcat
I had the same problem and asked the same question. If I drove the mag home when I inserted it it would close the slide but if I gently pushed it in it would not so I did have some control over it. As long as I know it exists it is a non issue for me. The benefit is it shaves a couple of seconds off of the reloading process which could be a plus in a tight situation but hay if it is something you cannot live with contact Ruger. If you are patient they will fix you up. After researching the issue what I found was it was a pretty normal thing for semi auto's but I suppose it still could be classified as a malfunction.

snowdevil23

Bearcat
gun nut from work told that when u load mags to make sure that rounds are fully seated rear in the mag.. its easy to add a round and do this . take mag and bang it in other hand so that primer is firmly against inside of mag. it makes sense

Latest posts