SR9C grip compared to SR45 grip?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Treyh007

Bearcat
Hello There, can anyone tell me if the SR9C has a thin grip like on a SR45, my wife really liked shooting my SR45 because of the thin grip. She doesn't like the pocket size pistols (too aggressive recoil) so I'm thinking the SR9c would be the perfect size for her if they have a thin grip like the SR45. Basically I'm wanting a Subcompact size with a thin grip in 9mm. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PS: I thought about an LC9 but it's more of a pocket size pistol.

Treyh007

Bearcat
Ok cool, that's what I'll do then! Now does it have a thin grip like the SR45? Thanks for the help!

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
SR45 and SR9 frame and grip dimensions are the same except SR45 is slightly longer, the slide is only part that is wider on the SR45. The Sr45 will fit in most SR9 holsters except it is tight because of wider slide and the SR9c is same as SR9 except for shorter grip frame and shorter barrel, it holds 9+1 or 17+1 and the SR9 holds 17+1 rounds. Both 9 mm pistols are accurate and really pleasant to shoot and in my experience have been totally dependable. The SR9c or SR9 should be perfect for her.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
cjs1945 said:
The Sr45 will fit in most SR9 holsters except it is tight because of wider slide and the SR9c is same as SR9 except for shorter grip frame and shorter barrel, it holds 9+1 or 17+1 and the SR9 holds 17+1 rounds.

Not to pick nits, but "it" [the SR9C] holds 10+1 or 17+1 depending on which of the two stock magazines one chooses to insert.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
cjs1945 said:
Trucker, correct 10 and 17 the 40c is 9 and 15. I sometimes think a little slow at 1:30 in the morning.

:D No problem ... we all do the dumb dumbs sooner or later and now and then! :D

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
If you go with the SR9c and use full size mags with the grip extension, put a strip of duct tape on the back of the mag near the baseplate. That will snug the extension up enough that it stay in place nicely. It will come off easy enough, too.

I went ahead and got an extension for each of my full size mags.