What do you use to lube your SR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Petie

Bearcat
I have an SR9c and an LCP. Being new to semi-automatics I am unsure what to use for lube. What is recommended? I have used RemOil lightly but not sure if that is proper or if I should be using something more like a grease at least on the slide and light oil internally. The RemOil is just wiped on but seems to dissipate or evaporate after a day as is no longer visible. Any tips appreciated! Thanks.
Pete

macduff

Bearcat
I use tetra gun grease on the slide and rem oil else where. I tried using just rem oil on the slide and had failures and tetra lube cured the problem.

jnichols2

Bearcat
I started out using Rem oil on my pistol. When I bought an AR-15 I discovered Rem oil broke down under the heat, and just didn't work for the AR-15.

I switched to Slip 2000 EWL for all my guns.

jrprich

Bearcat
FlyerTom said:
Dare I say it out loud?
I'll just whisper.... FrogLube!

No need to whisper......I use FROGLUBE on ALL my firearms! Rugers, Colts, Brownings, and Mossys......Single, Double, SemiAuto, and Pump actions. They all seem very happy on FL

I still really like this stuff.

tdyoung58

Bearcat
jrprich said:
FlyerTom said:
Dare I say it out loud?
I'll just whisper.... FrogLube!

No need to whisper......I use FROGLUBE on ALL my firearms! Rugers, Colts, Brownings, and Mossys......Single, Double, SemiAuto, and Pump actions. They all seem very happy on FL

I still really like this stuff.

Just another happy Froglube Camper here, that and Rem 40x for the barrel

Triton

Bearcat
I read this thread because, like many others who care about their guns, you want to be using the best. Here is my formula, to date, too many years to remember, I have used Remoil on all internal moving parts, and Hoppe gun oil on the slide.
Both are relatively inexpensive, available everywhere, cleanup is easy, and they have never failed me in any of my guns, and I've had a lot in the past 50+ years of gun ownership.

I will not slam any manufacturer or fellow gun user, for what they use. I have tried a lot of different stuff over the years, none has ever actually failed me. (I don't use AR's) most recently I am getting curious about Marvel Mystery Oil.
The only frogs we have here in southern Ohio is the four legged kind, so I haven't been able to try Froglube. Oh, and I hate mail order, I like to hold in my hand what I am buying.
Good job to all who have contributed to this thread, the best lessons are learned from our fellow gun owners.

Petie

Bearcat
The highest wear item seems to me to be the slide and was expecting some type of grease as a recommendation. I have read everything I can find on this topic but every product out there has claims it is the best and claims it is snake oil. Would think that there would be some stand-out product on the market!
Thank you Triton - I will try Hoppe's as it is a simple answer and has been around a long long time.
Pete