Model and Production Date Question?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jones2278

Bearcat
Hi everyone.... I have an older Ruger that I have had for over 20 years. It was left to me by my uncle. I am having trouble finding the exact model and production dates on the site. I have a Ruger P89DC with the serial # 302-xxxxx. Can anyone tell me any information on it? Thanks so much!

jones2278

Bearcat
Thanks Ron....I checked there first and did not see serial numbers going as low as 302-xxxxx.

You may have to have Ruger do the search. The form is on their site and it costs $10 but you get a formal letter showing when it was shipped from the factory and the configuration as it was shipped.

Recheck the serial number to make sure it is 302- (recheck the model also, I saw P85's with a 302 prefix)

roylt

Hunter
Post a picture. There are several P-series nuts on here. (P-nuts) Me being one.

Your pistol is probably very much like the 85 model. Square barrel, old style levers, old mag. Still nice I'm sure. When you get tired of it I'll take it!!

Also welcome here.

jones2278

Bearcat
Thanks so much guys! It's definitely a P89DC and the serial starts with 302. My uncle died with cancer in the very early '90s, so I know it has age. How do I get a pic up?

jones2278

Bearcat
I uploaded them to photobucket. You can check out the pic of the gun and serial # here:

http://s753.photobucket.com/user/jones2278/library/

roylt

Hunter
I have seen them go as cheap as 250 and as high as 400. Personally I feel you should just keep it. It will never let you down. And you can't get another one like it, at any price. From your uncle I mean.

Also it is really a KP89DC. The K is for stainless.

Very nice unit for sure.

jones2278

Bearcat
Thanks guys! Your right, I'm gonna keep it. It is in excellent shape, and it shoots great! I've always loved Rugers every since I have gotten this gun. I was curious on the value. I think about selling it at times, but I could never go through with it. Thanks again for all the info and advice! And thanks for the stainless part royit! I was wondering about that also.