Absurd SR9c Today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Took the new SR9c to the range today with 3 boxes of nasty 9mm-Wolf, WWB and some old reloads. 100% flawless and a touch left @30 feet with no more than 3 inch groups first time out. 21 feet you could cover the group with a soda cap. I am very impressed with the SR9c. It nearly makes me forget the SR45 I sold and I think it's a keeper. Not a big fan of the shorter magazine, but it will certainly help with concealment. With the full-size mag it feels and shoots exactly like my SR9 only with a lighter trigger.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
My initial plan with my SR9c was to use the full size mag at the range, and the short mag for carry. I shortly came to the realization that I needed to train with what I would use in a real world situation. I started using the short mag at the range, and got used to it. The 17 round is now my back up mag for home defense. It didn't take long to get very comfortable with the 10 round mag. YMMV

HS-LD

Bearcat
I actually shot the SR9c better than the SR9 my first time out. Amazing gun. I'm working on getting a reliable night sight setup on these and then I'm good to go. The Meprolights need filing and they are a pain. The Trijicon's replace the factory elevation blade in the factory sights. I should be getting a set this week from optics planet. I hope they fit without too much fuss. I've had good luck with Trijicons in the past with Glocks.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Conn AK said:
Took the new SR9c to the range today with 3 boxes of nasty 9mm-Wolf, WWB and some old reloads. 100% flawless and a touch left @30 feet with no more than 3 inch groups first time out. 21 feet you could cover the group with a soda cap. I am very impressed with the SR9c. It nearly makes me forget the SR45 I sold and I think it's a keeper. Not a big fan of the shorter magazine, but it will certainly help with concealment. With the full-size mag it feels and shoots exactly like my SR9 only with a lighter trigger.

What part of the above is 'absurd' ? :D

REV

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
HS-LD said:
I actually shot the SR9c better than the SR9 my first time out. Amazing gun. I'm working on getting a reliable night sight setup on these and then I'm good to go. The Meprolights need filing and they are a pain. The Trijicon's replace the factory elevation blade in the factory sights. I should be getting a set this week from optics planet. I hope they fit without too much fuss. I've had good luck with Trijicons in the past with Glocks.
Trigger is definitely better than the SR9, don't you think. Not that the SR9 has a bad trigger, but the 9c seems to break sooner and with less effort.

tdyoung58

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Conn AK said:

REV

"Absurd" not really, switching from a 45ACP to 9mm is heresy, way beyond "absurd"

but hey, what do I know . . . glad you like the SR9c . . . and I'z just kidding about you being a heretic

buster cat

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Conn AK said:

REV

I do not know REV. But the size of that soda cap makes me wonder.

Buster Cat...............

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
I'd still have the SR45 if it were reliable. I owned a Colt 1911 in the 80's. One of the three best pistols I ever owned, but needed money and now the 45 and the money is long gone. Ah well.....