Safariland and my P89 don't agree

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dccd

Bearcat
Just picked up a really nice Safariland 6004 tactical holster for my P89 that I was absolutely sure would fit nicely. Got it home and.... it doesn't fit. Looked on Safariland's website to see if I could get a replacement holster for it and none of their choices are for a ruger semi. My questions are:

Does anyone have a safariland 6004 for their ruger P series, and if so, what model number is it?

Anyone know where I could find a cross reference guide to compare a P89 to more popular law enforcement guns (ie; Glock, Sig, H&K, etc.). I've found some that leads me to believe a H&K USP 9mm and a Glock 19 and 23 are close. Just not sure if they're close enough that the Safariland 6004 for one of these would fit my Ruger.

roylt

Hunter
Glock and the P are not the same at all. The step out on the 89 for the slide stop typically makes the holster different.

I think you should send me the 89 and buy something else that will fit your holster.... Just kidding. I'm a P-nut. Welcome and hopefully others may have input.

I like and use an old Dillion holster.

I know Blackhawk makes a holster. Maybe it could be bolted up to the safariland unit?

Old RugerFan

Bearcat
I have a Galco F.L.E.T.C. thumb-break that I used to carry my P89 around in back in the early 90's. I don't carry my P89 anymore, and I'm not crazy about thumb snaps, but it gives me the option.

I'm not familiar with the SafariLand line, so I'm not sure what you're looking for, but here are three models from Blade-Tech if that helps:

http://shop.blade-tech.com/search_result.php?osCsid=q20ptdsarokp3dh5tv2be73437&item_id=M0028&model_view_id=O0237

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
Safariland's Customer Service is excellent. Give them a call with your question(s). On line they have a master fit chart also that should help.

Personally, I had Blade-Tech make a kydex IWB holster form my P89, which I use for carry/IDPA.

Best, Jon