Price check, P90 decock pistol......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dantforth

Blackhawk
I am looking at a P90 at a LGS. It is in excellent cosmetic condition, has two factory mags and original box. He was asking $400.00 and I offered $350.00. He is now asking $375.00 and won't budge. I do not own a pistol and have not done a lot of pricing here. What do you think? Dave

hittman

Staff member
If I really wanted one, I'd pay that. Smokin' deal? No. Bad deal? No.

They don't make ANY P series pistols any longer. Haven't made the metal frames or the DC's for a long time.

I've got one and it's P97 brother. Both in DC. Both are keepers.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
Although my P90DC has migrated toward Safe Queen status since I purchased by SR1911, I wouldn't part with it for less than $600. Too many fond memories, and it just shoots so well!

revhigh

Hawkeye
OldNavy said:
Although my P90DC has migrated toward Safe Queen status since I purchased by SR1911, I wouldn't part with it for less than $600!

Enjoy that P90, because you're gonna have it for a LOOOONG time. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
OldNavy said:
We clearly understand each other!

Yup, the P90's are very good and accurate guns. I wouldn't part with it neither.

REV

pyth0n

Buckeye
Dantforth said:
I am looking at a P90 at a LGS. It is in excellent cosmetic condition, has two factory mags and original box. He was asking $400.00 and I offered $350.00. He is now asking $375.00 and won't budge. I do not own a pistol and have not done a lot of pricing here. What do you think? Dave
I bought a KP90DC NIB, a year & a half ago, for $404, incl tax. ($370 pre tax) I thought is was a good deal then. I'd say buy it.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
Condition 1 (1911) fires from a cocked hammer. The P90 DA/SA can only be carried safely with the hammer uncocked. Yes both modes require but a single trigger pull to fire, but there is a -BIG- difference when that trigger pull is single action vs. double action.

I have a P93DAO (9mm, double action every shot--can't be cocked before firing), so I'm okay with double action--so long as it is always DA. I find the change between DA first round and SA for following ones to be disconcerting. It is sort of like have a car with an automatic transmission that requires a manual clutch for first gear...

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Well, I was informed by the seller that it is mine. Now we start the paperwork and I should have it shipped to me within a week. My first Ruger pistol. It comes with the original packaging including a bag with fired casings? Ruger must send a couple of those with the pistol when it is shipped? Ended up paying $375.00 with shipping included. So, I am a happy camper. Dave

Al James

Hunter
You will enjoy the p90! Accurate, reliable and I doubt you'll ever wear it out. Do the mags have the metal or plastic followers?

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Thanks Al. I am sure I will enjoy it. It has not arrived yet as our system is slow. I do not know if the mags have metal or plastic followers. I will post photos and answer that when it gets here. Dave

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Hell all I do not want to hijack this thread but didn't feel the need to start another. I just picked up a like new P90 for $350 out the door with box and two mags. I had a couple of questions about it and hoped the people here could help. Is there any issues I should look out for? How many different models did they make? Mine appears to be a decock model but I thought it would be noted as the model like KP90DC mine had KPP90W on the box is it anything different? Thanks for the help and if I need to start a new thread just let me know and I will remove this and do so.

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Well, it is my original post and I am not disturbed by you adding yours here. There may be an unwritten law though so one of the senior members may chime in. I can't answer your question with any authority but suspect it is not a de-cock model. With mine the seller advised that it comes with original box......will that be a cardboard or plastic box? David

Latest posts