Feeding Issue SR40C

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wsa111

Bearcat
The Ruger in general does not feed ammo into the barrel as easily as other mfg. such as springfield arms & glock.
This seems to be a common complaint will all semi-auto Ruger firearms.
I will say after polishing the ramp I have not had a problem since. However it is still not as smooth as other semi-autos.
Sounds like a design problem?????

revhigh

Hawkeye
Not a design problem ... Just general rough, sloppy machining, fit and finish issues, excessive use of MIM parts, and lack of any real QC.

It's a $400 Ruger ... Not a Sig or CZ. You get what you pay for ... Always have ... Always will.

There's much fewer problems with Ruger's revolvers, rifles, and MK autos. Proven design, simple construction, METAL construction, and the difficulty of hiding cheap and roughly machined parts. This requires a higher level of machining and better fit and finish, yielding higher quality and reliability.

Compare the metal P series guns and their reliability to this new plastic stuff .... Then connect the dots.

REV

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
Rev is exactly right, I have a Beretta PX 4 9mm sub compact and a 1973 Colt Detective 38 Special,both of which are on the high range on Price compared too the Ruger, SR 40 C I rotate as Carry firearms as well with the Beretta and Colt, machining is not exactly a bad factor but a reality reflected in quality and price Rugers are still a exceptional reliable and quality firearm along with a very affordable price.

darkchild_sith

Bearcat
wsa111 said:
The Ruger in general does not feed ammo into the barrel as easily as other mfg. such as springfield arms & glock.
This seems to be a common complaint will all semi-auto Ruger firearms.
I will say after polishing the ramp I have not had a problem since. However it is still not as smooth as other semi-autos.
Sounds like a design problem?????

My SR40C started to not feed correctly just after the 2nd time shooting it. I had to manually press on my slide stop after every single shot. Do you think polishing the ramp will work for me, too? If so, how did you polish the ramp? Thanks for any advice.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Can't say that any of my Ruger pistols have had any kind of feeding problems, or any other brand for that matter. The only feed problems i have ever had with any pistol has been due to ammunition problems.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
the only feed issues I have ever had in any of the rugers I have ever owned were directly related to mistakes made on my reloads. all my rugers work.

darkchild_sith

Bearcat
Well, it was the cheapest ammunition at Sportsman's Warehouse - Blazer 150 grain. I cleaned my SR40C so we'll see if she fires smoothly this time around. I'll keep you'll posted.