No more P-95s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thunderhawk

Single-Sixer
I noticed that the P-95 is no longer listed on the Ruger Web site. Is that it for the P models? If so, then it's the end of one of the best pistol lines made.

hittman

Staff member
The end of an era. We knew it was coming. Good news is there's tons of them for sale used and even a well used P series 9 or 45 will still be a great gun.

roylt

Hunter
A sad day indeed....
So I guess the 95 I have for sale just got more expensive. lol

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
i can't blame ruger......the public wants smaller, thinner and lighter........well, EVERYTHING. remember when the old telephones could put a bad guy down?

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Its very sad but we saw this coming for a long time. I really liked the 95 I used to have but there were some areas that badly needed an update. I wear size XL gloves and thought the grip was very thick for a poly gun. In single action the trigger was very creepy, although the 95 has one of the best double action pulls I've ever tried. The sights were certainly functional but very prone to snagging and not adjustable for windage. Finally, the 95 was supposed to be a compact size gun but was very wide and tall, even when compared to similar guns from Sig and S&W pistols. If Ruger had chosen to update their hammer fired auto to modern tastes and keep the price under $400.00 I don't think they would have any problems selling them.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
chefrob1 said:
i can't blame ruger......the public wants smaller, thinner and lighter........well, EVERYTHING. remember when the old telephones could put a bad guy down?

its plastic crap from now on and
i miss those old phones...

countryboy45

Bearcat
Wow, glad I was able to get one. Traded a Glock 17 for mine. For whatever reason, my accuracy with the Glock left something to be desired, so after months of trying, came across new P95 at the gun shop, talked up a deal and traded. Best move I've made in a while. Shoots great, accuracy is great, sure it's big/bulky, but hey, it works with whatever I feed it. Loves jacketed/cast, factory/reloads, to the wall/plinking loads. Wished I had found this one first.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Just picked up a new stainless one today(test fire date 7-31-13) because of this, now I have 2---one to use and a spare---was in the market for a MkIII or American .22 mag but I don't see those being discontinued anytime soon, so sometime down the road for those.

There is new a blued one in the case still---I didn't ask about the back room---Scheel's in Omaha.

Both my P95's are outside the range listed on the Product History on Ruger's website---one is 318-89xxx the other is 318-93xxx----interesting---Do I have the last P95 made?? lol

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
Interesting, if the insurance company insists on a visible manual safety where do the security guards go now?

The Stoeger Cougar 9 which runs $100 higher than the Ruger P-95. The P-95 was thick in the grip.

What else is out there in the new budget pistol market?

Geoff
Who bought a S&W Sigma, which the wife annexed and a SWaMPy 9c.

rawhide64

Bearcat
When you go on their site page that contains manuals and product history info it lists the P95 as "out of production". I'm glad I got mine this month. :D

VA Dave

Bearcat
Just bought one a few weeks ago and I love it...a real tank and a joy to shoot.