Have the kinks been worked out of the LCP yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

George

Blackhawk
kendak,
Thank you on the like the purple LCP! Can you elaborate on the LCP Barrel and slide peening? What part of part's got peened? Any idea why or what caused it? Not that it would be a issue, 700 rounds is a lot of rounds IMO for a LCP .. I don't think I would put more than a few hundred rounds through it.. Just enough for us to get a good feel of the gun and some run in time.. Then just a mag or so every range trip after extended fire with a few .22's George

George

Blackhawk
JPGLSG said:
From some of the other comments regarding the Lady's pretty guns....I think some of us have wives that think their CCW guns are just like another piece of jewelry. I am with all of you though, what ever keeps them interested, the world is not getting any safer.

Yep I agree! That's what I tell my wife when there another gun I see.. One needs the right one for the job or dress or whatever like Jewelry. My reason to have quite a few different kinds of guns.. It blew me away when we was in the gun shop and she said she wanted to see a gun then asked me what I thought of it!! Ya Ya I'm all for it get it if you want it.. I'm lucky My wife never said no to me buying another gun so I try and be good about what I get and let her get the things she wants we're both adult about it and don't get something unless we can afford it at the time.. George

kendak

Bearcat
George; the barrel peened the slide where it locks up at top locking lug ...older LCPs had this problem since solved by Ruger....I never trust a carry gun until it will run 300rds. without a hitch..I love the LCP & the LC9 is just as good when I can my carry gun is the SR1911 CMD with LCP or LC9 backup....called Ruger 9-18-2013 [Wed.] they E-Mailed me a return slip, I shipped gun 9-20-2013 [Fri.] by UPS ..got the LCP back 9-27-2013 [Fri.] new slide & barrel installed & test fired 30rds. 100gr. Black Hills ammo... down one week...no cost...super service if you ask me...will test fire tomorrow

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Kendak....Have heard many stories such as yours regarding returning guns to Ruger. It's always good to hear positive repots about them standing behind the products. In my humble opinion they are never going to brake into the Law Enforcement or the Military market. However they have found their place in the consumer market and it appears to me they are standing up for us consumers of their products. I certainly have a house full of the autos and single action stuff.

George

Blackhawk
Kendak,
Thank you for letting me know what went on with your LCP! Ya sure does sound like Ruger wants to make there customers happy,and they are doing that very well! Ok I'm sold on it.. We Only can get one LCP as we just got two LC9's and the wife is still insisting on purple frame on a LCP just because she likes purple. We will be sharing the LCP and I told her I really cant be down the range with that gun though it would be fine for her heck even cool.. Heck if I go down in a gun fight the last thing I want to hear is the bad guy making fun of the purple gun.. I can't image pulling that thing out in front of anyone to practice with it, what if someone shows up while I'm shooting it? I know like she said if you need it who cares what color it is..If I lived where I could shoot in my back yard I think I would be ok with it. I can't change her mind on the color.. George

kendak

Bearcat
I don't care what color it is as long as it works & the LCP & LC9 work...own my range so color means nothing & I still like purple !

George

Blackhawk
Kendak,
Sorry I been down for the count for a bit with my back.. Your lucky! I did have the convenience of being able to shoot in my own back yard years ago. My folks had a house behind the National Forest for 6 years. I could shoot anytime I wanted right out the back door.. Ya looks like it's will be a purple LCP.. Someone else suggested I have a look at a Beretta Pico they said it's a .380 and can be changed out to a .32 with just a barrel change and is aboout the same size as the LCP. The looks of it don't impress me from the pictures I have seen but would really have to handle one in a gun store.. No choice on color with the pico so don't think the wife would go for it..I hear ya with purple. The more I look at it and handle her LC9 the more I like the color too! George

George

Blackhawk
Update!
Ok, Just to let you guy's know we got the purple and black LCP on it's way.. Don't know when it will get here maybe this week.. Got a one extra mag on it's way too.. Going to replace the guide rod with a stainless steel one if it in fact don't have a steel guide rod in it.. I heard someplace that Ruger was shipping mid to late 2013's with steel guide rods.. In any case I'll have to wait and see when it gets here before I order one and a few other things from Galloway.. Thinking of a wallet holster for it, the one with snaps so it can also be used as a front pocket holster.. Kind Of a 2 for one deal that way but all and all I like the idea.. Thank you all!! George & Penny

Triton

Bearcat
George said:
Does it have a locking barrel arrangement like the LC9 does? Also can you elaborate on it being drop saff? Does it have a fireing pin blocker plunger? Thanks again! George
Page 10 of the manual I believe answers your question.

"The RUGER® LCP® is a compact, single strike double action, magazine-fed, recoil-operated pistol chambered for the .380 Auto cartridge. The LCP® incorporates a different "link-less" design in the barrel locking/unlocking system than earlier Ruger P-Series pistols, and features a streamlined slide, and glass reinforced nylon and aluminum subframe grip frame. The following are features with which LCP® users should be thoroughly familiar:
Action: The strong locked breech action of the RUGER® LCP® utilizes a tilting barrel design in which the barrel and slide are locked together at the moment of firing. After firing, the barrel and slide recoil to the rear a short distance while securely locked together. After this initial movement, the barrel is cammed downward from its locked position, permitting full recoil of the slide and the extraction and ejection of the spent cartridge case. Upon return of the slide to its forward position by the recoil spring, the barrel is cammed back upward into its locked position in the slide."

Latest posts