semi- auto, Jennings J22 and Lorcin L22, parts / help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Hi Guys,
The L22 is missing the extractor. I have not been able to find one. Anyone have experience with these? Will another extractor work? Maybe the J22 in the L22 slide?

Thanks for pointers and or links.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
dont bother....crapola. if you insist on fixing it, try gun parts inc. or jimenez arms, i think the jennings came pre-broke from the factory.

revhigh

Hawkeye
montegomx70 said:
dont bother....crapola.

Not the highest quality, admittedly, but they usually worked just fine. Certainly no worse than the LC Whatever's of today. I have an old one that looks like it was dragged behind a truck across the country. Goes BANG every time I pull the trigger. Bought it from a guy at a local gun club about 15-20 years ago ... For $15 .... He wanted to keep drinking at the bar and was out of money. I got a perfectly functional little pocket gun and he got 5 or 6 more pitchers of beer for he and his buddies. It ain't real pretty, but at least it's metal and it feels like a real gun instead of some cheap plastic toy from Walmart.

Try Brownells.

REV

roylt

Hunter
My J22 I got for a song and it is actually pretty nice. Shoots well too. The L22 is just a hair bigger. Looks pretty good and I think it will be a fun plinker.

I ordered the spring and pin today for the L22 and then ordered a J22 extractor and will try to make it fit. Looks very close if not the same.

roylt

Hunter
numrich
I have ordered from them a few times. They had an aftermarket cylinder pin for my RG14 too.

They carry some used parts as well I think. Good selection and descent pricing.

There stock is always changing so check back. That is how I found the pin for my RG. Just happened to look one day and got lucky.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Jimenez Arms of Nevada makes the curren version of the old Bryco and Jennings guns. They can provide parts and service for them at reasonable prices. My own little J-22 is surprisingly reliable and at least as accurate as my Beretta 21.

roylt

Hunter
My J is complete as new in box. The Lorcin is the unit that is missing the extractor. You think Jimenez took them over too?

FergusonTO35

Hunter
No, Lorcin just straight went out of business. I invite you to join us on the forum at bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com to learn more about these and other inexpensive guns.

roylt

Hunter
Thanks Ferguson, I may get over there to check it out.

I got the parts today and the L22 extractor pin fits the J22 extractor pivot hole perfectly. Doesn't mean it will work but looks hopeful. That little extractor spring is tough. I'm not a smith but will give it a try.

Wish me luck,

roylt

Hunter
So the J22 extractor is not a drop in for the L22. I smith'ed it in and it seems to be working but the mag is a bit funky. Going to the range today over lunch. Hopefully I'll be able to type when I get back. just kidding.

Also I was trying to hurry so it would be ready for today and I didn't take pictures. Sorry. I typically document my P-gun work pretty well.

I can always go back and take it apart or something if anyone needs details.

roylt

Hunter
It ran pretty good. Has a miner issue feeding the next round but I could have been riding the slide with my thumb. Only had a short time to shoot.

I am pleased. Not bad for 85 bucks and an hour of tinkering (which I like to do anyway).

roylt

Hunter
Sad. It feels better than the J22. I doubt it makes it to the range very often but it is fun and cheap to shoot. Was pretty good group too, for me that is.

eveled

Hawkeye
revhigh said:
montegomx70 said:
dont bother....crapola.

Not the highest quality, admittedly, but they usually worked just fine. Bought it from a guy at a local gun club about 15-20 years ago ... For $15 .... He wanted to keep drinking at the bar and was out of money. I got a perfectly functional little pocket gun and he got 5 or 6 more pitchers of beer for he and his buddies.

REV

I got mine at the range from a guy who wanted to trade for a box of 50 9mm. That was when ammo was cheap, Ed.

roylt said:
So the J22 extractor is not a drop in for the L22. I smith'ed it in and it seems to be working but the mag is a bit funky. Going to the range today over lunch. Hopefully I'll be able to type when I get back. just kidding.

I actually LoL'ed.

Good luck with these little guys. You are a braver soul than I. I have friends who have messed with these things. They yielded mixed and varying results. One of the first guns I owned was a Raven .25. It was actually half way decent. I sold it to a buddy who needed it for a project gun and owned several since. I traded one off for a now long gone amt backup .380. It also became a project gun. We found out how to eliminte "galling" on stainless steel by adding more ferrious material.

I wanted to edit my previous post but my smart phone would not allow out. So I'm adding this I have owned several other crapola guns as well like the Jennings nine and jiminez (same company) ja380. They performed no were near as good as my Ravens. Just a thought. The only other .25 that ran as good as the raven, in my exp, was the beretta.

But don't get me started on them, or their lack of customer service. CZ, Ruger, Glock, Sig, and even Taurus have lightyears ahead astronomical customer service compared to Beretta...in my experience.

roylt

Hunter
I did not search these guns out, they just sorta ended up in my "collection" The J22 was part of a package deal and didn't cost me any more freight or transfer so why not. The L22 was part of a 3 piece group of broken guns I got because of the one was a P89 that I have fallen in love with. I also really like tinkering. I still don't consider myself a smith at all but I enjoy what I do for myself. I have not had to toss anything out yet HAHA.

My friend even wants me to work on his CZ. Just change out a couple parts.

As with any hobbie, once it isn't fun anymore you typically don't do it anymore.