SR9C range report after repairs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1bearz

Bearcat
I had my SR9C repaired by Ruger due to light strikes. They replaced the magazine disconnect and the striker assembly. I took it to the range today and put 200 rounds through it and it did not have a problem. I am very happy that it is shooting like it did when I bought it. Kudos to Ruger for their excellent product and customer service. :D :D :D :D

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Only ask because I just cleaned my brand new SR9c in the basement. I bought my first gun in 1981 and have had countless semi autos. I have never seen a factory fresh gun more full of grease (clear slime like vaseline) particularly in the striker canal and the underside of the slide and inside the hollow magazine/pistol grip. Finally dumped my SR45 and got what I wanted-the SR9c. I bought an SR9 3 years ago and love it. I already like the SR9c trigger feel better-not that there's anything wrong with the SR9 trigger. I thoroughly clean a new gun before shooting it now, but rarely thought about it in the past. I couldn't believe how much crap was packed into my SR9c! It was safe from rust waiting to be sold, that's for sure.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
You should see what Bersa is doing to their BP9cc's before shipment these days. :D There where some early issues with the first guns arriving with some rust already developing. Tiny spots really. The customers spoke up and Bersa got the message....BOY did they get the message. :D

I didn't think it was possible to pack a compact pistol with that much cosmoline.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Had a 1939 Mosin Nagant that took a few years to try clean the cosmo off. After 40-50 rounds at the range the cosmo would start dripping out of the wood again. Hair dryers, the sun, mineral spirits, denatured alcohol, black garbage bags and wrapped in towels-nothing could ever get it out. Evil stuff that cosmo.

Petie

Bearcat
Just cleaned my new SR9c and found very little grease at all. Was actually surprised how little factory lube was in there. Cleaned my new LCP and there was no lube of any sort in that.

mrdillon

Bearcat
I had one of the barely lubed SR9c's, refreshing, I don't mind cleaning my guns but gee whiz I have had new pistols that you had to soak in engine degreaser to get clean. The 9c is a excellent pistol, love that trigger.