Love my SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

findlayref19

Bearcat
I recently purchased a SR9c and I'm falling in love with it. The question comes with the trigger. I only have a couple hundred rounds through it and I've had a few times when the trigger surprised me. Of course, always pointed down range, but the trigger seemed extremely light and fired before I intended. :oops: Has anybody else had this experience? Maybe I just need to pay closer attention while taking up the small amount of slack in the trigger.... :?

The good news is I am starting to accumulate the goodies to begin reloading. I shot 25 rounds from this Ruger and it deposited 29 empty casings all within a 6 x 6 foot area (they must have been fooling around :shock: ) to be collected and saved for reloading. Some of my other handguns are not nearly as generous about leaving the spent casings in such a small area. :mrgreen:

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
The trigger on mine is great but really light. Many people complain about the safety on the SR9c but I can't imagine carrying with one in the chamber without the safety on, but that's just me. I was surprised the first time out too. You'll get use to it. Congratulations on getting a great gun.

DenverGT

Bearcat
I've noticed the reset is short.... so if you don't release all the way after a shot, the next shot's pull can surprise you if you haven't practiced with the reset.

I also love my sr9c.

billstaf

Bearcat
My SR9c is my EDC and has been ever since I first bought it. I think the trigger is the best feature on this gun. The action is light and smooth and very predictable. I have always pretty much sucked as a pistol shooter. The SR9c has changed all that. I have shot a lot of other pistols and only rarely managed to get consistent hits in the black, but this Ruger makes all the difference.

A lot of people complain about all the safeties on Ruger SR series guns, but I like them.

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
After a long time watching SR posts, I do believe this is the first I have seen of a too-light (too good?) trigger. I have let a round or two go a bit early as well- agree with carbonyl, the safety is a good thing- for me. I realize it's our responsibility to keep the finger out of the guard- but a little extra help can't hurt. If you practice drawing and removing it enough.

surfsafe

Bearcat
I ran 50 rounds through a Smith and Wesson 380 Bodyguard range rental to see how a small 380 felt. Took a few shots to get used to the long trigger after the SR9C. Then I went back to the SR9C and boy did I get a surprise, fortunately heading downrange. My finger was used to the Bodyguard and did not expect the much faster, softer, better trigger on the SR9C. Amazing difference. Underscores the axiom: practice with what you would carry and carry what you practice with.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Having owned an SR45 (total dog-your mileage may vary) and still own an SR9 (a classic), the 9c certainly has a lighter trigger than either. The 45 has a difficult trigger to get the "feel" for. The SR9 was perfect for my entry into the striker fire world (old school guy S&W 39 series). The SR9c has an excellent Glock-like trigger feel to me. Maybe a tad too light, but I'm always conscious of it. Been shooting handguns for a long time. I'm used to feeling the trigger and hammer interact in my index finger on 2nd generation Smiths. The 9 and 9c have different feels to them, but both guns group well. The follow up shots definitely feel lighter than the first shot. I like the SR9c trigger and considerate it one of the best shooting pistols I've owned. One of the reasons I like the SR series is the thumb safety. I use it, too. Finger off the trigger and don't aim the gun at anything you don't intend to shoot.....as Dad always said.