How many have tried FrogLube ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

George

Blackhawk
Rev. Thank you! Ok Now that's something I'm willing to try. Myself being somewhat of a old timer 56 many years with guns and storage of them for long periods of time. Mobil 1 is oil! When I was younger I use too go over my stored guns every 3 to 6 months now that I'm older I they go for more like a year for the guns that are not shot. The guns I use all the time well that's easy ya can't go too wrong with what you use on them.. Heck I still do my oil changes just to untrusting to take the truck to someone to snug up the filter and oil plug and not use dropped rags to wipe the dipstick.. So I always have some Mobil 1 around. That is one darn good synthetic oil! Again thank you going to give it a try! George

revhigh

Hawkeye
Hey George !

I've never had any kind of breakdown, thickening, or any other kind of detrimental effects like some posters talk about with other oils, with the 5/30 or 10/30 Mobil1. In my opinion, there's no better gun oil on the market that's any better than M1. I've been using it since it came out ... Still using the same stuff today.

If something works .... It works .... No need to go looking any further for some theoretical miracle oil that costs 20 times as much, smells pretty, and doesn't provide any practical benefits.

I still do all my own oil changes too, for the same reasons you mentioned.

REV

DonD

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
DonD said:
I have some of it, seems OK. Like one poster said, I have no means of realistically determining who good it is.

What I do know is I despise the wintergreen scent. Prefer any gun care products scent over this stuff. Don

That's why Mobil1 5-30 works perfectly at about 1/25th of the price. It's just oil, no matter how complicated some want to try to make it.REV

That's where I'm headed when my CLP runs out. The Mobil 1 has detergents that keep crud from building up in car engines and can do the same thing for gun internals. Don

wjr1004

Bearcat
:D I have been using Frog Lube on My SR9C and it prforms great..
It has been easier to clean... Every time I apply Frog Lube the weapon gets so much smoother.
Have had very few jams since using it.....
My wife loves the mint smell over Hops.....
I think it is worth the investment and I will keep using it
I had heard some complaints with it in the cold.
I have even tested it in the cold with out a problem...
let me know if anyone has questions...

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I was nearly out of my CLP and spotted a container of Frog Lube at a LGS. I was looking for powder to feed my new .223, and walked out with some FL, and no rifle powder.

Tried it on my SR9c, and after a range trip, my new Savage. I like the fact that I can use it in the house without my wife complaining about the smell.

Too early to tell whether I like it better than CLP.

I assume that the smell is from wintergreen oil. It is supposed to have an extraordinary travel factor on metal.

Nowin

Bearcat
I'm trying out FrogLube on my S&W M&P9, and after 3 cleanings over the past 5 months I can say I'm happy. It cleans up (what seems) a bit easier each time, feels to lube nice and smooth and darn is it nicely scented. I may switch over and start using it on my SR9.

Just a data-point from this guy.

/eddie

mishtub

Blackhawk
I've tried it and like it. Seems like cleaning the piston on my 556 is easier/quicker since I started using it.