Ruger LC9 magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I lost one of my LC9 Magazine last time I shot it (by forgetting on the bench) anyway I went ahead and order a replacement from Ruger they send it right out to me. It is one of those that is Made in the USA and I have not had a chance to try it yet but today I was checking it out and notice it kept dropping, not completely out of the weapon but some. I took it apart thinking I could see something wrong with it but it seems fine. I will call Ruger this week but I was wondering have anyone eles had problems with thier Magazines dropping out?

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
Well no one responded to my post so I will add a little to it. I did call Ruger and they told me they would exchange it so i send it back and got the replacement yesterday. today I put it in the weapon and it too come out. It is made in the USA does anyone have a magazine make in the USA and if so are they having problem with it. thank you

Mr. Boom

Bearcat
I just got a new one today that is made in USA. It drops free and works perfectly! After i removed the axle grease from it! :)

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
All six of my LC9 mags are made in Italy but both of my LC380 mags are made in USA. All of them lock in place and fit perfect in both pistols with no sign of dropping. I have never seen a US made LC9 mag but US LC380 mag is identical except for being flat black instead of being glossy. Are the US made LC9 mags glossy finish?

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
cjs1945 said:
All six of my LC9 mags are made in Italy but both of my LC380 mags are made in USA. All of them lock in place and fit perfect in both pistols with no sign of dropping. I have never seen a US made LC9 mag but US LC380 mag is identical except for being flat black instead of being glossy. Are the US made LC9 mags glossy finish?

No the USA are not glossy finish

VA Dave

Bearcat
johnnylaw53 said:
I lost one of my LC9 Magazine last time I shot it (by forgetting on the bench) anyway I went ahead and order a replacement from Ruger they send it right out to me. It is one of those that is Made in the USA and I have not had a chance to try it yet but today I was checking it out and notice it kept dropping, not completely out of the weapon but some. I took it apart thinking I could see something wrong with it but it seems fine. I will call Ruger this week but I was wondering have anyone eles had problems with thier Magazines dropping out?
I ordered a spare hoping it was going to be Italian made but it wasn't (made in USA). Turns out that it fine though...no problems at all.