Bad vision - sights are blurry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ said:
Iowabucks, my dad has (had?) Fuchs & cataracts. Cornea transplants fixed it. Good luck.

As noted, try shooting outdoors, your eyes have more depth of focus in sunlight, and the front sight is the only thing that needs to be in focus, but I'll add that the target needs to be recognizable. I use reading glasses that barely have the front sight in focus, this keeps the target a little less blurry.

This /\ /\

I was a Primary Marksman Instructor in the Marine Corps, The only object that should be clear is your Front Sight Post, does not matter if you are shooting a Hand Gun or Rifle, the principles are the same......................

jrod

Bearcat
Being over 50, I had the same problem with the front sight getting blurry. I had a pair of shooting glasses made as upside down bi-focals. Just enough magnification to het the front sight clear again. Made sure that the bi-focal part didn't interfere with normal vision. Just tilt my head a bit and sights are clear. They work great! My $0.02.

casdor12345

Bearcat
I've shoot in "dark" ranges and had problems seeing my front sight. To remedy that I used a head lamp which resolved the problem for awhile. I use Tri-focal glasses and still had a problem focusing on the front sight. Went to my optometrist and she recommended glasses that clip-on my glasses. These give me a sharp focus on my front sight looking thru the top part of my Tri-focals ... no more moving my head in search of the for which lens to use. With the clip-ons I no longer need the head lamp at a "dark" range.