Convert LC9 to .380?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

groberts

Single-Sixer
GKC said:
...At this point, it seems like I am going to have to buy a LC380 for me...and if the "parts" will work in my wife's LC9, then I can just buy the "parts" to put in her TG LC9. Of course, she may prefer to just have a "plain" LC380 for herself, and keep her TG LC9 "pretty."/quote]
Why not just buy the LC380 for her and have her give you the LC9? :roll: Tell her it's for safe keeping and she can have it back any time :p

George

Blackhawk
For me the only reason to convert would be to maintain the Talo engraved nickel plated slide that came with the Ruger Talo version LC9.. This was a consideration for me but like others said Ruger don't sell barrels or slides so My wife opted for a LCP in .380 to go along with her LC9 do to the smaller size. Made no sense to me to have two of the same size guns in 9mm and .380 after thinking about it.. Would be worth doing if you could find a beat or parts LC.380 to get the parts from. Now that Rugers LCP new model 2013 with raised sights ,steel guide rod and shorter smoother trigger that don't break as far back as the old ones is some nice.. Small enough to fit in almost any pocket..Good trigger from the factory finley! It not as clean as a S/A pull but it's a decent pull for a D/A trigger. George