LC9 9 Round Mags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Newbs

Bearcat
I have seen adds now for over a month from Ruger for 9 round LC9 mags. I've called Ruger twice and no availability date. Able's lists them but shows them out of stock. Has anyone out there found them yet or heard anything?

Tacojohn

Bearcat
I just got back from the range, had three mags loaded,one was the new extended
9 rd mag. Wow what a difference! It not only was longer to hold, but it felt like I could shoot for a long time, so long I had to wait till she emptied, and then realized I was out.
If it wasn't so expensive to get I would own two, though not for concealed carry.
The other thing to get used too is the mag seems like its backwards.

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
I just picked up a 9 rounder at a gun show for $37. It appears to be nothing more than a standard 7 round magazine body with an extension, allowing for the longer spring and extra 2 rounds. Have yet to make it to the range and try it out. While the 9 round magazines are not practical for concealed carry, as a spare magazine it works...

The LC9 is a handful of whip-ass, so much so I wish I had had one to carry in Afghanistan for green on blue…

As an update the replacement slide I received to fix the front sight falling off is spot on and functioning without fail.

Cheers,
W-W