New LC9 9 round extended mags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skooger

Bearcat
Ruger announced that they have come out with 9 round extended mags for the LC9, yet they aren't even listed on shopruger.com, what's up with that? Are they available anywhere?

Skooger

Bearcat
I finally bought a 9 round Ruger LC9 mag and it has a great feel in the hand when used, but I've had troubles with it not seating securely. When firing, it works loose. Has anyone else had that problem?

bwraven

Bearcat
Yes, I have.

I called Ruger and they had me return my four 9 rounds mags, most likely for an exchange.

area338

Bearcat
I have one and it has worked perfectly....so far! Of course it's not for carry but a great back up mag for sure! I would buy another one.

bwraven

Bearcat
I have one and it has worked perfectly....so far! Of course it's not for carry but a great back up mag for sure!

All four of mine developed issues after using them as my carry mags for sometime. I would suggest that you test your nine round magazine thoroughly before you put much faith in it.

bwraven

Bearcat
Update on my LC9 nine-round magazines:

Ruger sent me 4 new magazines in exchange for the 4 that didn't work.

I had the same issues with the new ones. So that is 8 nine-round factory magazines that did not function properly in my LC9.

I called Ruger again, and they exchanged my nine-round magazines for the standard capacity seven round magazines (at a loss $-wise to me).

I have now moved on to the +1 floorplates from Impact Guns. I have thoroughly tested them and had no issues whatsoever. https://www.impactguns.com/impact-ruger-lc9-plus-1-grip-extension.aspx

BTW, they are on sale right now for $8.99 (regular price is $13.99).

After spending about $100 (in losses for the Ruger mags and then buying the +1 floorplates) I am now happy with my magazines for my LC9.

Skooger

Bearcat
I also sent my 9 round mag back to Ruger for exchange and am having the same problem with the replacement mag. Disappointing. I'll have to check out those +1 floorplates.

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
I called Ruger today about the Slide ,it started racking forward on its own after I manually locked the slide Lock ,Thats a DANGEROUS rule breaker, Its Headed To Arizona,Sucks Getting something New and Its Broke! Thanks for the input!

Latest posts