LIPSEY MARK II STAINLESS DELUXE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pecos

Bearcat
Hi I am a newbie to this forum. I Just picked up my first Ruger pistol a Stainless target in 22lr with a 4" bull barrel and rosewood grips, a really sweet looking gun. Can anyone tell me a little history on this particular model? I called Ruger and they said it was a Lipsey Special and was one of 1002. When were they manufactured and is there any significance attached to the gold trigger?

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Pretty desirable Mark II. No special significance to gold trigger. Trigger and grips Lipseys exclusive. Here's a pic of Lipseys 4" SS KMK4BL and on right Lipseys 4" Blued MK4BL.

IMGP1776.jpg

jtaylormartin

Bearcat
azleite said:
Hi Folk's, I have the blued version & was wondering if anyone might know how many of those were made? Thank's for any info-Dave

There were 2,445 made.

Found this on Lipsey's website.

1gunsnotenough said:
Pretty desirable Mark II. No special significance to gold trigger. Trigger and grips Lipseys exclusive. Here's a pic of Lipseys 4" SS KMK4BL and on right Lipseys 4" Blued MK4BL.

IMGP1776.jpg

I've got one of these MK4BL's too and i'm having trouble figuring out what it's worth. Do you mind telling me about how much you paid for yours?

revhigh

Hawkeye
1gunsnotenough said:

IMGP1776.jpg

Nice bunch of guns 1Gun !

The MK's are handsome guns.

REV

maddawg918

Bearcat
I have one in stainless that is drilled/tapped, but the guy I bought it from didn't have the scope mount. But I do have the box/papers.

Today I lucked up on a blued one, no box, just the pistol, and it's not drilled/tapped. Is it a Lipsey? It has the thick rosewood grips, 4" bull barrel, but no drill/tap.

maddawg918

Bearcat
Went straight to the people who know, Ruger. Both are Lipseys and the stainless was drilled and tapped at Ruger.