Trigger not resetting all the time on SR9C.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

edzone

Bearcat
Well, this seems to be old news but, I have an SR40c and when I bought it new in Feb 2013 I had trouble with the trigger not resetting. Based on several comments from others with this problem, I got the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 trigger and had it installed at the gun shop I bought the gun. This helped the problem, before I was not having a reset ever 3 to 4 rounds now I was up to once every 30 to 40 rounds. Finally after living with this for a year, I took it in to the gun shop who sent it to Ruger. It took 8 weeks to get it back, the removed the Ghost trigger and put back the original trigger. I went to the range today and now I have a great looking single shot SR40c. I love this gun, it was always planned to be my main carry gun, but I am so disappointed now, I am not sure what to do. Back to Ruger?

I had same trouble with my SR9C. I have a thread on here related to it. I called Ruger, sent the gun in on a Friday and got it back the following Thursday. They replaced the trigger bar assembly. I finally got to go the range couple of days ago. I put 70 rounds through it using both magazines. No trouble at all.

edzone

Bearcat
Follow up
Well, I called Ruger about the problem, and they did not have any record of my gun being sent to them. I guess the gun shop (that I used to use) never sent the gun to Ruger (I am not sure where it was for 8 weeks) but tried to fix it their self. I sent the gun directly to Ruger so I have high hopes when it comes back.

sabatorious

Bearcat
edzone said:
Follow up
Well, I called Ruger about the problem, and they did not have any record of my gun being sent to them. I guess the gun shop (that I used to use) never sent the gun to Ruger (I am not sure where it was for 8 weeks) but tried to fix it their self. I sent the gun directly to Ruger so I have high hopes when it comes back.

I had sent mine in. They replaced multiple parts, put 50 rounds thru it, has worked flawlessly since.

aWoods

Single-Sixer
Simple solution: sell it and get a glock.

What? Someone had to say it!